Husband/Wife own S-corp, but husband freelances also. How to structure businesses for taxes?

Discussion in 'Accounting and Taxes' started by Chrisdee33rocks, Apr 27, 2016.

  1. Chrisdee33rocks

    uix_expand uix_collapse
    New Member

    Apr 27, 2016
    Likes Received:
    Haven't been able to get a clear answer on what the best tax structure is. My Wife runs an S-corp in the entertainment industry. I work part time doing billing, writing, etc and am part owner. But, I'm also a graphic designer and for years before getting married was a sole proprietor. We now file jointly with our business expenses being run through the corp. Everyone seems to have a different opinion of how our two businesses should be structured.

    Is it possible to do a DBA for my work under my personal name that's under the corporation.

    So it'd be Big Star Entertainment, INC doing business as Chris Dee? I'd rather still get checks written to my personal name as that's been my brand for years.

    Or do we need to do an umbrella corp?

    Big Star, INC
    Big Star Entertainment, INC
    Chris Dee

    Tax geniuses please help!

Share This Page