How to start a business and grow my app

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by Florian Glappa, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Florian Glappa

Florian Glappa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi there,

I am new to this forum, so please be kind :)

Recently I developed an app (munchlab.de), which finds recipes for your ingredients you have at home. At first I did it because I needed such an app. I got very positive feedback, so I decided to "launch" it on product hunt: https://www.producthunt.com/posts/munchlab
    It got second best product of the day and a lot of upvotes, so I decided to continue making it. I have a lot ideas I want to pursue, but I am kind of stuck now.

The technical problem:
    I am using an API which provides me with recipes and ingredients, but for some future features, I need those data in my database. I could buy data, which is really expensive. Maybe I could make a "deal" with some of those recipe API providers to get access to those data, but I have not much to offer but my experience as a developer and a promising app which is far from being a solid business. Are there some more options I am mussing?

The business problem:
    I do not really have an idea on how to make money with this app. I do not want to include ads. The only thing I can think of are some features which allow me to include partnerships, like some to buy ingredients over the app. But I am not very experienced in making businesses as you can clearly read :D
    I'd like to have some tipps/inspiration/advices how to continue here, because I am really convinced by this idea and would love to continue making some busniess out of it.

Hope somebody can help :)

2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Not really. You either do it all yourself or you pay for the data. The app provider won't be interested in a deal.
    I'm not sure you can make a business out of this as there are already a whole bunch of apps doing much the same: https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/best-recipe-apps/

And your app crashed when I tried it:

"There has been too much traffic for me to handle, please try again tomorrow :("

3. VITS USA

VITS USA
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Digital Marketing is the best option where you run multiple campaigns and bring organic traffic from multiple platforms. ASO, SMO, SEM & PPC are the techniques of online marketing which will more beneficial to you.

4. SpotnRides

SpotnRides
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi There,

Here I have mentioned some basic things you must consider before your business startup.
    • Find Appropriate Target Audience
    • Getting the right territory
    • Analyze the Competitors business model
    • Provide online-based service like website or Mobile App
    • Choose the right tech partner for your startup
    • Choose the right technology stack to develop your own app
    • Know what is customer expectations on your mobile app.
    • Know the current technological advancements in your industry.

5. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Did you even read their post and follow the links? They already have a website and app.

6. Mikeadams5456

Mikeadams5456
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Market your app using google ads or facebook ads or create a website of your app and do SEO of the website and earn organic traffic.