How to relieve stress?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Jashandeep, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

May I contribute to this thread. I am usually stressed out with my hectic work schedule in the office. What gets me are the meetings that never fail to give me a headache. My only consolation is when I reach home and my dogs would welcome me with their short barks with a matching nudge of their noses on my legs. I would carry one of my lap dogs and caress its coat with a brush. After some 15 minutes or so of attending to my dogs, I could feel a relief from the pressure that was on my shoulders.

2. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the best thing to do is to love your job. If you love what you are doing, and it makes you feel happy, it wouldn't feel like it's work at all, and it wouldn't be so stressful for you. Follow your passion in life and work hard to achieve success. However, you have also got to find some time to have fun and hang out with your good old friends.

3. Adler Stewart

Adler Stewart
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Get deep massage

4. kitchie

kitchie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When I'm stressed, what I do is to sleep for 8 hours straight and relax, I do something different from my work like gardening or cooking..

5. rishitha

rishitha
    uix_expand uix_collapse

meditation is the best practice for getting relief from stress

6. Roselli Taylor

Roselli Taylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just reward yourself by going outside or hang out with friends. Make some fun and talk about the happiest memories from the fast and so on.

7. Roselli Taylor

Roselli Taylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sometimes I listen music while lying on my bed, in this way I also relieved my stress.

8. CaseyS

CaseyS
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I totally agree with this, the source of stress is not always the fact that you don't love your job.

9. cwvps

cwvps
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's inevitable to get stressed when working every day and maybe in a rush to meet all the deadlines you have in front of yourself. The best thing to do is to find a way to quiet your mind and set short-term goals. Listen to the music, take a walk in nature, or in the nearby park, read books or articles that don't have to do anything with your job, every day.

10. vishalesskay

vishalesskay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ø Drink more water

Ø Laugh out loud

Ø Write

Ø Let your feelings out

Ø Do something you enjoy

Ø Focus on the present

Ø Meditate

Ø Exercise

Ø Breathe Deeply

Ø Be Grateful

Ø Get Moving

Ø Engage Socially

Ø Avoid unnecessary stress

Ø Alter the situation

Ø Accept the things you can't change

Ø Make the time for fun and relaxation

Ø Adopt a healthy lifestyle

11. isbnjs

isbnjs
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So many time due to so many reasons (sometimes unknown) I've been in stress. nothing works until I say "I don't care".

12. congtanh34

congtanh34
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In everyday life, we face many stressful issues, stress is always a difficult hurdle in our work, try the following 10 ways to reduce stress to help you get a life very comfortable and succeed in the job Vaobong
    1. Make the blood circulation
    2. Let out your own schedule
    3. Be submissive to your senses
    4. Test your life chemistry
    5. Tung Soccer
    6. Laugh lots
    7. Travelling
    8. Keep your self-satisfaction
    9. Do not hesitate to rely on others
    10. Save the image caused you enjoy

13. Keity

Keity
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you work for long time then tiredness and stress may catch you. Don't be depressed just leave the work for a while. Take 20-30 minutes break. And then start again. In thus way you can remove your tiredness and stress.

14. CherylTorrie

CherylTorrie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The simplest way to relieve stress is not to take yourself so seriously. Most stress, yes even job related stress, is self induced. Stop and think about what happens if you don't perform up to the standards you have set in your own mind or in the minds of others. Does the big picture really change if something takes you a day longer than planned? Do you really loose the respect of people that you care about impressing if you say No, that's just not possible by Friday? Give yourself a break, give yourself the respect you are wanting from others and realize that You matter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. deannatroupe

deannatroupe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sometimes you just need to step away from the computer when you are stressed. A good nap can do wonders for you if you are overly stressed. Sometimes it helps just to let your mind wander. Maybe play a few video games on the computer. Or you could just play with your kids. My daughter is always doing something silly to make me laugh. Then I forget why I was stressed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Amelie

Amelie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A lot of you guys mentioned meditation. I've heard some other successful people say it did wonders for them too. How do you do it? Do you meditate on your own, or do you listen to guided meditations on Youtube. I've tried it a couple of times and it's so challenging. I even struggle when I have to do the dead man's pose in yoga.

17. Tipster

Tipster
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me to relieve stress is by drinking a couple of beer after work or when you got home or before you go to bed.

18. Maximum

Maximum
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Take breaks, maybe a short vacation? Hang out with some friends and family or participate in community activities.

19. Ultracab

Ultracab
    uix_expand uix_collapse

By careful editing of your life, and changing certain habits, you can eliminate most (not all) sources of stress in your life. Stress is a response to challenges in life, and a life without challenges is too boring to contemplate.

Eat a healthy diet.

1. Eat a healthy diet. Well-nourished bodies are better prepared to cope with stress, so be mindful of what you eat. ...
    2. Avoid alcohol, cigarettes, and drugs. ..
    3. Getting enough sleep.
    4. Reduce caffeine and sugar. The temporary "highs" caffeine and sugar provide often end in with a crash in mood and energy. ...

20. jelly

jelly
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• Promotional Link in Post Removed
    hello,
    stress can be relived by doing meditation.

#120 jelly, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2015