How to maintain PR ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by simplyjo, Apr 27, 2010.

1. diagurzula

diagurzula
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To maintain good PR for the web site; you must try to get some quality backlinks for the site regularly. Also try to do the proper onpage and offpage SEO to maintain the PR. Also update your site regularly with the good and quality content.

2. stevecollin01

stevecollin01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To maintain PR for the site you have to do proper onpage and the obffpage optimization. Also try to get as many backlinks as you can to maintain the PR for the site. Also always update your site regularly with the good and the quality content which helps to get backlinks and maintain the good PR.

3. revardwatson

revardwatson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To maintain PR for the web site you need to get consistent backlinks for the web site. For backlinks do the proper onpage and the off page SEO, also maintain some good content on the web site and do the article submission regularly to maintain the PR.

4. stevedeath12

stevedeath12
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To maintain PR for th site you must do the proper onpage and the off page SEO and try to get backlinks regularly which can helps to boost the page rank or to maintain the existing page rank of the web site in the search engines. Also do the lots of promotion of the site so it can be index by search engine for very long time.

5. davelampord

davelampord
    uix_expand uix_collapse

With minor effects from content and SERPs, PR is dependent on effectiveness of inbound link juice compared to outbound links. Inbound links should be maintained to get a high PR.

6. waynelapricon

waynelapricon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To maintain the PR of teh web site you have to just do the onpage SEO properly as these techniques helps to get some quality backlinks for the website. As backlinks helps to get the better PR for the web site. Also maintain the good and quality content on the web site.

7. junglekid

junglekid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't really get it: are you interested in having a high PR domain or in traffic/visitors to your website?

Personally I couldn't care less about high or low PR what I want is visitors, preferably the ones ready to buy something. :)
    Quality content is one of the best methods to attract visitors and make them return to a website but I don't think it affects PR in any way.

Here's a guy who brought 30 thousand visitors to a blog with only 9 posts:
    http://www.toptrafficmyths.com/blog/myth-6-post-all-the-time/

BTW, I don't buy the "content-is-everything myth" everybody (and Google) is trying to sell all the time.
    If content is really so important why do so many searches return pure rubbish on Google's 1st page results? (And I'm not even referring to those "review" sites/blogs...)

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

My personal experience has been that Google have become much better in this regard, in recent years - the results shown on their first page have improved in quality. Would you agree that Google have been improving in terms of quality?

9. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes I agree with this. Besides, I can easily find what I'm looking for without going to the 2nd page.

10. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Content is king and that is true. Wikipedia is a prime example. It's updated content is detailed and usually correct and so it is ranked high for many keywords.

Could you please give us a few examples of those "pure rubbish" searches?

11. linerrobert

linerrobert
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Page rank is basically depends on the effectiveness incoming links to your site. If your want t\o maintain a High PR its important that you maintain those incoming links.

12. junglekid

junglekid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with you that they've improved along the time but they are far from
    actually putting into practice their "content is king" rule.

dotDavid asked for some examples:

I recently ran a search for a specific keyword and Google showed on 1st page, position 2,
    a Blogger blog with 25 banners, not a single written word of content. Content is king?!

I can't recall how many times I've found on Google's first page 2-3 years old blogs/sites
    containing completely outdated information. Some of them single-post blogs.

I've even found (that was a little longer ago) a website with content run
    through an article spinner that didn't make any sense in plain English.
    And Gioogle ranked it on the top position of the 1st page!

Another situation occurs when there is a new IM product launch.
    You can test it yourself by running a search for the product's name or title.
    Google will return several pages with the exact repeated content, usually
    copied from the affiliate promotional materials supplied by the owner of the product.

My opinion about Wikipedia differs from yours but that's not the subject of this thread.
    Examples of poor search results given above.

Please do not misunderstand me: I believe good & useful information (quality content)
    will make people stay longer at and return to a website but it doesn't mean it will rank
    higher on Google's search results or PR.

What I don't believe is that Google sees, checks and controls everything.:)

13. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To be honest, with lots of sites updated regularly, do you really expect that Google can check them 1 by 1?:dunno:

14. junglekid

junglekid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's what I wrote: I don't believe Google sees, checks and controls everything.
    A lot of people seem to believe Google is some kind of Almighty Entity that can do it...:)

15. Veronica123

Veronica123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can maintain high Page Rank of your site by regular follow up.Link exchange can increase the page rank quickly.

16. jrp

jrp
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Indeed... the big G doesn't see everything... I mean how could it? Think of the massive volume of web pages (not sites) that land and get updated every day. Google's algo is smart and always getting smarter and hopefully more accurate... after all it's 'relevant results' that their customers want. If one has managed to get to a PR5 and is getting good traffic then they must doing something right in G's eyes... so just keep up the "wash rinse and repeat cycle". Keep a long term approach to your methods and keep promoting and branding you or your site.

17. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google are not doing this kind of job manually, they are using software or bot to check. I wouldnt say 100% but at least 99% for the major website

18. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's what I believe too. Besides, a computer or software's intelligence is very limited compared to humans. :D

19. marktellar

marktellar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

With minor influences from content and SERPs, PR is based on the effectiveness and juice of inbound links with respect to outbound links.

20. nickelodon007

nickelodon007
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For maintain page rank use some techniques forum posting, press release, RSS, add new content, pay per click, article submission, social bookmarking etc..