How to Get More Listeners / Viewers for my Podcast

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by I am Rowan Sinclair, May 13, 2020.

1. I am Rowan Sinclair

I am Rowan Sinclair
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey Everyone!

My name is Rowan Sinclair and during the first week of lockdown I decided to kick off my podcast, how2startup - just recorded Episode 12 yesterday. So far I have interviewed relatively early stage startup founders mostly around the topics of customer acquisition and startup capital, but my numbers don't seem to be getting anywhere so far.

I have a whole 22 subscribers on YouTube at the moment and have just hit 50 downloads for the podcast (mostly Apple and Spotify).

I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas how I could reach out to more listeners? Any growth hacking tips? Perhaps my conversations aren't targeted enough?

What do you think? Would love provide as much value as possible!

Thanks,

Rowan

2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

What makes your podcasts any different to the thousands of similar offerings?

3. AustinKnowsMarketing

AustinKnowsMarketing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you conversations are targeted enough, other than youtube, where are you promoting your podcast?

4. likeshigh

likeshigh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you want to get more listeners, viewers on your podcast, you can increase your podcast awareness on social media platforms likes Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest etc. Here you can connect more and more targeted listeners. Understand their behavior, and try to be as communicative as possible. It process raise your podcast traffic.

5. VITS USA

VITS USA
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can run Facebook campaign or "Ad on Google AdWords". It will help you to target the right people, and increase viewers.

6. AustinKnowsMarketing

AustinKnowsMarketing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If he’s targeting entrepreneurs and startup founders, his audience isn’t going to be on Pinterest - waste of time and resources to promote there. On top of that he would spreading himself incredibly thin and the content would become lackluster at that point.

7. cmsminds

cmsminds
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First of all, you need to make sure that all the podcast you release is high-quality ones with original information. Apart from that, you should need to post your podcast on some of the leading websites within your niche. It will give your podcast more chance to grow downloads as well as getting more views.