How to avoid shipping/delivery issues?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Jeesa, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Jeesa

Jeesa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello.
    I have a small online business and ship products worlwide. Now, my business is growing and I encounter
    more shipping/delivery issues which affect my business.

Some examples:

- Orders disappear (tracked parcel). Tracking number states parcel has been delivered. A search would take several weeks. Do I need to replace the order immediately each time at my own cost?

- Customer gave me the correct address, but parcel could not be delivered due to address issues. The items are returned to me, but do I need to absorb the shipping costs? This happened twice with the same address.

Sorry, maybe there are really straight answers to this, but I am pretty new to running my business.
    As soon as I try to get information from delivery companies I end up in a loop or the answers are vague as they do not want to deal with parcels as soon as they left the country.

Are there any terms and conditions regarding shipping for small businesses that you can recommend?

Thank you very much for your help!

2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

@Jeesa

- Orders disappear (tracked parcel). Tracking number states parcel has been delivered. A search would take several weeks. Do I need to replace the order immediately each time at my own cost? YES

- Customer gave me the correct address, but parcel could not be delivered due to address issues. The items are returned to me, but do I need to absorb the shipping costs? YES

Are there any terms and conditions regarding shipping for small businesses that you can recommend? There are plenty of examples you can download but every business is different so you will need to adapt them to your own needs. Remember as well that different countries have different regulations for online sales. For example in the UK I can return the goods free of charge up to 14 days after delivery.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jeesa

Jeesa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you!!

4. VITS USA

VITS USA
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In traditional business this type of challenges have to face on daily basis but proper management is very important.

This type of issue happen due to lack of management and their policies. Firstly analyze the Geographical location where you want to send your products because this type of issue happens when address is not proper, lack of language knowledge etc.…

Who is your shipping service provider is also important because proper training is also important for them.

To overcome of this type of problem proper training of employees are also important, because the knowledge of updated technology helps to grow your business.

5. overcast

overcast
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'd say outsource the shipping to a company which tracks the process. And you can get the details in the online dashboard or something. This way you can see how much good they are at picking things up and then delivering.