How much sleep do we need?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by benton672, Jul 23, 2011.

1. tk-hassan

tk-hassan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

And adult should have 6-8 hours night sleep to stay healthy.

2. tanvirnabi

tanvirnabi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sleep is regarded as blessing. I think you need to go for sleep for minimum six hours. It is said that neuron gets time to be re-motivated, re-organized to do its next course of action while sleeping. Other thing is that demand for hours of sleeping depends on your daily activity. Your quality and amount of work drive you how long you would like to sleep.

3. SLogix-Brian

SLogix-Brian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I seep nearly 7 hours a day.

4. stevex

stevex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

doctors recommend 8 hour sleep. but few little naps during the day could be added to your daily routine and can help you feel energized as well as relaxed.

5. Webcs-Peter

Webcs-Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

8 hours is good for a person to sleep.
    It's good for me too.

6. Kevin Peter

Kevin Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

I always had the sleep disorder during college and used to utilize that time for studies:) Now, while on the job, if I do not have a minimum of 9 hours of sleep, it becomes very difficult to concentrate on :(

7. M.Ehrmantraut

M.Ehrmantraut
    uix_expand uix_collapse

7 hours is just right for me although I'd prefer 8 if I can get it. I suffered from sleep issues for years due to working nights for so long, on top of that I also had sleep apnea. Getting a cpap machine and using it probably saved my life, there was a period of a year and a half where I couldn't sleep an hour at a time without waking up, it made my life a living hell and drove me to contemplate suicide several times. Now my sleep has gotten pretty close to normal but there are times like today where I'm running on three hours.

• Like Like x 1
  8. manishsqrt

manishsqrt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In a whole day, an average person should sleep at least 6 hours, normally 8 hours, and not more than 12 hours(In case he is suffering from fever).

9. RTSteam

RTSteam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, 8-10 hours of sleep is highly recommended but sometimes your body can operate well even if you sleep for 5-6 hours. People who can operate well even with 5-6 hours of sleep are often called mini-sleepers. However, continues lack of sleep would be detrimental to the body, even if you think you are feeling ok.

10. Portal88

Portal88
    uix_expand uix_collapse

8 hours for sleep is good for your health, and go sleep under 9.00 pm is better for your health