How many of you quit your day job???

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Hosting_Solutions, Feb 17, 2008.

1. genX

genX
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This online business is very risky and volatile.......it's better to do a job although it can be done side by side to have assuring of constant income........

2. BlueEew

BlueEew
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If your young like a teenager in education go for it. However if you are a working man or woman then decide to use the Internet to earn. I would advise not to take that large step.

Work slowly.

3. salmanq

salmanq
    uix_expand uix_collapse

4. wendywen

wendywen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I hope I can also do work from home. It's not easy because there are a lot of things to consider because we quit our job. It is risky to say and unless you really have a strong foundation to make steady earning everyday, this option is still hard.

5. BlueEew

BlueEew
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Anyone who is willing to learn can work from home. However just because you are working at home. Dosen't mean you get to just chill and watch the money come in all day.

You need to treat your work time as you would at work, and you also need to spend lots of your time on the Internet at home.

6. harshads

harshads
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am a student so there is no question of quiting job but I know people who quit their jobs and now earning on the internet.
    So it's inspirational from such people to learn about and think about the future.

#26 harshads, Mar 10, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2008
  7. BlueEew

BlueEew
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That is a very good point. I have just left school. As I started learning before I atually got a job. I never had to get one in the first place. Always plan for the future and think big. :)

8. rachael24

rachael24
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No way am I quitting my job...Especially when I am in the first stages of getting my business up and running. Maybe in a few months when I make my first million. ;)

9. BlueEew

BlueEew
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The point in this is because it's the online section. We mean because we are now earning online "Have we quite our real life job?". I think you are misunderstanding what we was discussing. :)

10. sarahFreder

sarahFreder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi, well what i suggest to you was better do it in your free/part time. because internet marketing will not click for all the people when started you have to get more practical experience to earn money.

11. superbike

superbike
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most people I know have full time job and just make online business as side income. They just spend a few hours for online business, which sometimes hard for some people to commit.
    But bear in mind that if you have permanent job, please think wisely before quitting your job. Most of full time online business people that I ever met, told me that they spend from 12 to 15 hours everyday which is too you much time they spend in front of your computers. If you think you cannot do the same, I might suggest that you just keep your current job

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That is a very good point. I find that I', simply unable to spend a huge amount of time in front of a computer, my back gets sore and my eyes get tired. It's not that I don't want to spend the time, or don't enjoy it, it's just very difficult and I'd imagine quite unhealthy.

13. hrcanada1

hrcanada1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I will quit working when I am dead, not because I have to but because I want to. I love my job, would do the same thing if I won the lottery today. I have multiple sites making decent money, I love doing that too.

14. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I admire your attitude hrcanada1, what types of sites do you own?

15. benton672

benton672
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Analyse yourself, check your resources and see if it suits you. Then go ahead, its like any other business that demands time and resources.

16. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It took me a few years to quit my real life job but I was finally able to. I've been working online only for the past three years now. Love it.