How many Ad-sense ads are OK for SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by HMS Naveen, Jul 24, 2018.

1. HMS Naveen

HMS Naveen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Guys,

I have a website that receives around 2000 visitors every day. In the last, I used to add Adsense Ad-Units and Link-Units and try different combinations and placements. Now, I hardly add any ads! The reason is the fear of the above fold ads penalty.

Right now, I have one link-unit placed on the homepage and I don't know if that is ok?

Does anyone have any experience with how much ads can decrease search ranking?

Thanks

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The purpose of a ranking is to show searchers the best possible answer to their query, and/or the best source to provide an answer to that query. Your efforts, therefore, should be concentrated on providing the highest quality website that will provide the best answer to any query related to your website subject. Ads have nothing to do with a searcher's query, so there is no official approved number of ads. Should anyone have anecdotal evidence of such a number. it would most likely result in website owners concentrating on providing no more than x number of ads, instead of concentrating on the quality of their content. This would undoubtedly be a useless endeavor.

3. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

I run adsense on loads of sites and have never had a problem with ranking.

4. Daljeet Arora

Daljeet Arora
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ads on the website never hurt your Seo, because Seo is for ranking the target keywords. Ads and Seo both are different terms but keep in mind your ads never hurt the website content

5. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Wrong!

Google measures the advert to content ratio as a ranking signal. Overload your page with adverts and your ranking will suffer.

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As we can see, ads, by themselves, are not the problem. The number of ads, or, as fisicx put it, the "advert to content ratio", could be, if there are too many ads and not enough content. This does NOT, however, mean you can add more ads if you add more content. Like the number of ads, there is no hard and fast rule that specifies what that ratio should be. Through trial and error, however, some marketers may have found a ration that works for them. Some marketing professionals may have also found a range of ratios that work in most cases, and could work for the OP's website.
    I'm really not a fan of these, as readers clicking on a link may expect to find more information on what they have read, and may be turned off when being shown a bunch of ads instead.