how do you keep your body in a good health?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Natcoweb, Aug 12, 2013.

1. sgactpr

sgactpr
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would go swimming twice a week. Realise that most time seem forget to breathe or not deep enough when engross in work. Swimming, yoga or other cardio exercises are great!

2. sgactpr

sgactpr
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Oh yah! Stationary bike can be a very good form of sports. less impact on knee joints as well

3. addisoncave

addisoncave
    uix_expand uix_collapse

first thing is stress which is the main reason for our health just because of tensions in life we effect our own health..........long works, regular sittings no proper diet all are these reasons why we can take care of our health.

4. RizAseem

RizAseem
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Here's something I've been doing the last 3 months that has helped me lose on average 1.5 lbs per week.

1. Cut all sugar, carbs, dairy and alcohol during the week. You can eat sugar, carbs or drink however much you want on 1 cheat day

2. Eat a big portion of steamed green vegetables -- like broccoli, peas, brussel sprouts, asparagus. Some carrots and onions here are okay.

3. One portion of lean meat -- fish, chicken or even a steak with the vegetables.

4. Eating a BIG 3 egg spinach and mushroom omelet within the first 30 mins of waking up.

5. No other snacks in between meals.

Following these 5 steps has made me more energetic. I haven't felt this good in decades :)

5. Andrea

Andrea
    uix_expand uix_collapse

- Move. find what works best for you, it could be yoga, swimming, running, crossfit or walking, just do some kind of exercise to keep your body in a good condition.
    - Eat well. Eat tons of vegetables, avoid fast foods, prepare your meals at home and most importantly eat regularly and don't skip meals.
    - Cut down on coffeine and sugar. Even though they boost your energy level, they only do that for the first few minutes and after that your energy level drops. Try drinking green tea or yerba instead.
    - Drink water. It seems obvious but hydrating yourself is very important for your health and makes a big difference.
    - See your doctor every once in a while. Do your check-up regularly, not when it is too late and you feel bad.

6. annarichart

annarichart
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Our diet, exercise and behavioral choices can have a significant effect on our health. If you have a poor or unhealthy diet, you may run the risk of weight gain or increased your risk of chronic diseases (like diabetes or high blood pressure). If you're not active regularly, you may also run the risk of gaining weight but also miss out on the many benefits of exercise. If you smoke, don't manage stress or don't sleep well, you again can run the risk of having negative side effects on your health. Maintaining a generally healthy body will require you to make sure you're making healthy choices in a multiple areas of your life.

7. addisoncave

addisoncave
    uix_expand uix_collapse

first thing for good health is be happy and live stress free life if your internal is happy obviously you will feel fit and fine.

8. sin123

sin123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi.
    Regular exercise, yoga, healthy food helps me to keep my health in good condition.the healthy food must include vegetables, milk and meat ,fruits.

9. Martha Graham

Martha Graham
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you develop habits that contribute to the ongoing health of your body. Here, are some points for good health: yoga or do regular exercise, eat healthy food, get enough sleep, reduce stress and drink water, and off course 30 minutes morning walk is good for health.

10. SamuelLDotson

SamuelLDotson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The company I work for does 2x weekly company workouts. The first is a more traditional body weight workout. The second is ultimate frisbee.

Personally, I do Brazilian Jiu Jitsu something like 2-4x per week. In addition, I do weight training 3x per week.
    To keep my mind strong, I write and meditate. I also practice sarcasm on a daily basis.

11. gainfromhere

gainfromhere
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1. good sleep
    2. meditation
    3. yoga
    4. sports
    5. avoid drink and smoking
    6. 8 glass water a day

12. BrightFuture

BrightFuture
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To keep your body in good health you have to eat good natural food that will not cause toxin in your body, drink plenty of clean water daily and aviod too much fried food.

13. Sumit Mankala

Sumit Mankala
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Maintain healthy eating habits. Avoid fad diets-they are often incredibly unhealthy. To get all the nutrition the human body needs, you must eat a balanced diet including dairy, grains, protein, fruits and veggies, as well as fat (yes, even fat!).

14. Nessem Degen

Nessem Degen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Jogging, everyday morning.
    That's, make sure you make your blood flow and cardio.
    And of of course diet, you don't have to kill your self with diet. Just be smart with food.

15. RJWilde

RJWilde
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Find something you love to do physically, and build it into your routine! Personally, I'm a runner, and cooking healthy food is part of my relaxation routine.

But your "someting" could be cycling or dancing or anything else! Exercise improves productivity and focus!

16. DanLucks

DanLucks
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me, cutting down on caffeine was a big thing. It made me better able to sleep, which in turn gave me more long lasting energy throughout the day.

When I'm stressed I'll try to channel that energy into exercise. The best thing is if you can turn working out into something fun: whether its the problem solving aspect of climbing, the social aspect of tennis, or the mediation of yoga. As long as you dont view working out as a chore, you'll keep it up.

17. Jason Wuerch

Jason Wuerch
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Simple:

1. Healthy diet - vegetables, plenty of water, little meat. I learned to cook healthy vegetable dishes so it's always tasty too.
    2. Sleep - I try and get 8 hours minimum per night (had to cut out coffee and introduce tea in order to achieve this)
    3. Exercise - at least 30 minutes daily.

Once I started following this routine daily, everything else in my life improved too. My productivity, sharpness, everything really.

Hope this helps.

18. felipe pinto

felipe pinto
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First of all, you have to eat health. For example, if you want to lose wight, 80% will be per healthy diet, and 20% per excerise. In my case, i run 2 oe 3 times a week, and I also go to the Gym 5 days. Of course, if you are starting doing sports, I recommend you starting with a quiet routine, and eating healthy 4 times per day.

19. Brooke Harper

Brooke Harper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm mindful of what I eat. I do eat anything that I want but always in moderation. I give time to exercise, simple yoga at home, walking the dog or swimming works for me. I also ensure that I have enough sleep.

20. Simi123

Simi123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your body is an amazing thing and will work well for you depending on how you treat it; your body requires effort and focus on your part to maintain optimum health so that you can perform to your absolute best as much as possible. Very often injuries and illnesses manifest themselves through a lack of care for your body; here are 7 steps to focus on to help you keep your body healthy and working to the very best for you!
    1. Eat well! Getting the right nutrition is the best way of ensuring your body has the adequate amounts of fuel to keep you going. The main emphasis when it comes to eating healthily should always be to get the balance on the point. The wise way to work at your best is to focus on wholesome and varied foods that nourish you and meet your nutritional and calorie requirements. Your physical health, including bones, muscles, and joints require care and great nutrition!
    2. Exercise daily! Your body is much like a machine and it needs to move! Exercise improves your cardiovascular fitness, your muscle tone, and definition, and keeps your joints and bones strong. Exercise is also one of the best ways to clear stress and any mental/emotional stagnation. Choose activities that raise your heart rate and lung capacity even if this is just a brisk 20-minute walk. Walking is actually a great way of staying active daily, and maintaining some kind of formal exercise at least 3 times a week is optimum for your overall health and well-being.
    3. Sleep like a baby! The quality and quantity of sleep are very important to your health and well being because as you sleep your body regenerates. Ideally, most adults should aim for at least 6-8 hours good quality sleep each night. The best way to ensure a good night’s sleep is to effectively start winding down as the evening progresses, try to avoid using any mobile devices, turn your computer off, avoid any heavy/rich foods and caffeine after 6pm; reading a book or listening to calming music often helps your body wind down in preparation, herbal teas like chamomile (or teas with a calming effect) are also beneficial.
    4. Do things that you enjoy! Sometimes you can get so caught up in daily life that you actually put what you enjoy on the back burner. Life is about balance. Always make time in your life for things that make you happy. All work and no play can leave you more at risk of stress and health issues. Find time for some fun and play in your life!
    5. Hydration! Staying hydrated is vital to your health. Your body can go for periods of time without food but not without water. Your body is comprised of around 75% water and forms the basis for metabolic processes, blood, body and digestive fluids, as well as being the main component in lean muscle, fat, and bones. Caffeinated and alcohol drinks tend to dehydrate so these should be limited within health and wellbeing guidelines for optimum nutrition.
    6. Stay flexible and bendy! Stretching is a key component to any exercise and training routine you do. Good flexibility allows you to perform tasks better and keeps your muscles, bones, and joints supple.
    7. Listen to your body! Don’t ignore warning signs and aches and pains. Your body speaks to you through signals and signs in a physical, mental, or emotional form. Listening to your body means that you are able to recognize when you aren’t feeling well and take the necessary steps to get yourself better. Many aches and pains in our body come from muscle imbalances. Make sure to stretch your body evenly, right vs. left, and front vs. back (e.g. quads vs. hamstring). Even if you have pain on only one side, you should always stretch both sides. When performing a stretch, proper position, and good posture help relieve tightness and increase overall mobility while minimizing injuries. Move as deeply into each stretch as possible before reaching a point of discomfort. Stretching should create tension during the stretches, and relief afterward.

• Like Like x 1