How can I raise the productivity of my employees?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Tonny Fer, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Andrea

Andrea
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Creating a positive but professional atmosphere always worked for me. When the atmosphere in a workplace was tense and rather negative, all the employees think about are the negative aspects or when they will go home. They can't really focus on the quality of their work. When they are appreciated for their achievements, even the small ones, they will feel much more confident and motivated, and that will lead to the boost in their productivity.

2. thetaleofwinter

thetaleofwinter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I feel like less hours in the office is actually more productive. People just get tired in the workplace, and can't concentrate. Then they just do things that don't require much thinking. I think if you reduce the hours, then they will have less time to spend on personal things.

3. Suman Verma

Suman Verma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You know what, I don't think being strict going to help. I too work for an IT company, Its been a year and I still feel happy to be there and work my best. The reason for the same is they respect my opinions and I am given an open environment to work in. You should try that too, and be frank with your staff.

4. chunky1

chunky1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually to work more effectively I had some companies provide 5 minutes exercises every hour, workers looks happier and can do a lot more work, quick break really helps to concentrate on work better.

5. Jennina Alvizo

Jennina Alvizo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello there!

I don't own a company but I just want to share what we do from where I work.

Currently I'm an Account Executive for a Digital Marketing firm and I do a handful of tasks everyday. This includes copy writing, SEO activities like link building, on page and off page optimization, and web content generation.

We are only a few in the team which requires most of us to do some extra work. My boss, being the meticulous person that he is, always sees to it that we are always one step ahead of our timeline. What he makes us do is, everyday we send him what we call a "Comms Report" or "Communication Report" where we enumerate everything we have accomplished for the day.

Maybe this strategy can work for your company as well? Of course, you just have to make sure that all your employees have a clear understanding with all the tasks they need to do. Encourage them to make a daily schedule of the work they should be able to accomplish.

Hope this helps somehow.

Best of luck!

6. sin123

sin123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some of the techniques to improve the employee productivity is listed below
    1.Measure overall employee activity and productivity time to time.
    2.Set goals and use results to help employees grow.
    3.Celebrate small victories
    4.Get rid of meetings
    5.Allow working from home
    6.Have social outings

7. BrightFuture

BrightFuture
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You have to look at their activities during work hours if you feel that some of them do not do their work. Another point is to encourage them if they do their work very well, you can encourage them by providing good packages at the end of every month to show how you value their effect, some workers do their best when they see that their boss value their effect.

8. Brooke Harper

Brooke Harper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You may also want to look at this situation in another angle. Maybe employees sit idly because there's simply not much work to do and tasks are not properly laid out. It would also help if tasks are given with reasonable deadlines - this would encourage your employees to work smart and not harder thus, increasing their productivity without adding too much stress.

It would also help if sites not related to your industry and work are blocked or monitored. Nothing is more wasteful than time spent on watching Youtube videos about unboxing and what not.

9. Maulik Patel

Maulik Patel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

All thoughts and suggestions are good.

My observation is, at the time of recruitment, one of the rounds is especially for exploring company's vision and what are the expectations from the candidate. When the expectations explained to the candidate, motivate him to raise questions regarding what kind of resources and support he/she need from the company to accomplish the goals.

After the joining keep him on right track by short meetings in week or 15 days, discussion on how he has planned or hows the things going, how much time you have to complete this project? This will keep him on right track and straight forward.

If you notice any irresponsibility then ask the reason keeping the good intention. Keep motivating the team.

Remember this process start from recruitment and not after it. You can contact growth hacking company to sort this out from your firm.

• Like Like x 1
  10. swapnil

swapnil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Let your employees think their own regarding your products. Conduct some games and cultural activities to reduce their stress. Run effective meetings using advanced meeting management platform like meeting wall product. By using meeting wall we achieved 86.53% of productivity in 6 months 21 days. Really it works for every business. It's my suggest to order that product and run your best meetings ever.

11. Anthony Daly

Anthony Daly
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is very important to increase the productivity of your employees. This will in turn bring benefit for your organization. The best way to start is by providing them training to improve their skills. Invest in their soft skills and communication skills is the most important skill because many businesses fail due to lack of communication skills. Always try to increase the satisfaction of the employees by offering great perks.

12. John A. Wimberly

John A. Wimberly
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Raise your productivity to hilarious speed with salesforce lead assignment platform. Regardless of whether you are a start-up or a setup mark, the organization has deals and revenue growth solutions for all level of business. Thus it is viewed as a worldwide pioneer in the field of expanded productivity and qualified leads with the best lead routing solutions. That way, Vyakar technology serves as an asset to your business rather than an obstacle. Provide your employees the experience of your rapid sales through your deals history.

13. Olivia Caitlin

Olivia Caitlin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well if you are a business owner then you should know that employees are an important part of your business. If they are loosing confidence then there must be a thing you should try to motivate them. do what even you can do eg give them incentives, Extra perks or any thing like promotional products. If they are motivated they naturally work with complete dedication and it will increase the productivity of the business.

14. chunky1

chunky1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Another important think to motivate your employees to work better and show them that you respect what they are doing even if it is something small, show them how appreciate it and of course don't forget to pay rise their salary from time to time.

15. Ebblr

Ebblr
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Creating a positive work environment for a company that uses mostly telecommuters (off-site) employees is a tougher job than one that uses in-office personnel. If a staff member is telecommuting, you won't have the same access to them daily that you might if they were coming into the office. Keeping these off-site employees motivated will be harder as you can't be there to personally supervise their daily work. So for instance, you can't actually know if they are working or not, only by work reports submitted daily/weekly. For this reason, it's important to have a conferencing tool for your work team, so that you can collaborate and bounce ideas off the team. You can use online work spaces, Slack (for video/text messages) to keep the team in constant contact and online calendars to keep everyone on track and pushing toward the big goals. All these things can enhance and benefit productivity. As for keeping up morale, that's all dependent on your management style and how you feel comfortable interacting with others. Take time weekly to privately conference with each telecommuting employee (assuming you have a small or medium sized team) to get their feedback, not only on current projects but ideas for how their own job experience can be improved.

16. Brad Young

Brad Young
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Give them fulfilling, challenging work to take on. If they're getting bored and disinterested by menial work then considered whether you could save costs by automation or outsourcing. Uninterested employees can have a really negative impact on the other workers in the business.

17. Muhd Yousaf

Muhd Yousaf
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are many ways to improve the productivity. The most important thing is to make a department of Human resource management where all the employee problems could be managed and they will have the feeling that they are cared well. Give them facilities and train them. If they still don't work that means you should change that person. Another important thing is to see is there anyone creating anyproblem.

18. David Jackson

David Jackson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you should try to motivate the employee time to time. Like play team building activity or game, drumming activity. It will help you to build a motivated team for your company. If you have motivated employee team in your company then productivity will automatically be improved.

19. Hope Yeu

Hope Yeu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Have you read Dan Pink's Drive? Excellent study on what motivates workers -- it's all about (1) autonomy, (2) mastery, and (3) purpose. I highly recommend it.

20. VPSnet

VPSnet
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It all starts with employee engagement.

Some of the tactics that we use at our office :

- Don't lock down the social media
    - don't be afraid to delegate
    - don't hesitate to give each other feedback
    - keep your goals clear/focused
    - match tasks to skills
    - train and develop your employees

I think all you need to do is put yourself in your employees shoes and ask yourself - how you can improve your work culture so it’s more conducive to productivity.

Good luck !