How can I raise the productivity of my employees?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Tonny Fer, Jul 23, 2010.

1. nikhiljoseph

nikhiljoseph
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Work is succeed, when the employee puts his efforts. Though there are many system in place like time tracking, work allocation and scheduling with constant follow up. An employee should enjoy his working environment, it is essential to increase the productivity. Involving your employee with proper training, recognition and solving the needs could eventually help. Then placing technology in place software implementation by allocating the work with scheduled time should help. I implemented software to track the employee work and it has been effective.

2. VerdinaNET

VerdinaNET
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Generally every employee who enjoys coming to work is a worthy investment, but motivating employees is really hard. I think you should try to find a way and give them a reason to come to work. Make things more interesting for them and don't let them become bored.

3. AmitPrasad

AmitPrasad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is really a common and severe problem for most of the business owners. And there is no any hard and fast rule to get rid of this but yes, we can implement some ideas like rewarding the employees for achieving goals and raising some trophy like employee of the month to keep them motivated.
    Its really necessary to keep your employees happy and motivated to get better productivity from them.
    Below provided link tells about the employees motivation in workplace. May be useful to read.
    http://www.quickfms.com/blog/workplace-motivation-show-your-employees-that-you-care/

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. harryvent

harryvent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The company previously I worked in software developing, they set task, events and activity everything for all employees. So no one failed to work for daily work and update their status. Suppose they failed to do work it will effect coming days sometimes employees are eliminated. But they using Apptivo software for track and record all business process.

5. yashwantsnaik

yashwantsnaik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hello,

Productive is depending on the emotions and positive energy around the work station. These energy is so active that it change the sentiment of employee.

To maintain the stability on employee Boss need to act as Leader who help the juniors. Explore his potentials to move further. Varun Manian is one of my favorite businessman. He manage his team very well. His vision to move forward is bit clear.

Check out his work = varun manian . info

• Like Like x 1
  6. Micheal Anderson

Micheal Anderson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you should pay the all the needs of your employees and give them the opportunity to seek some creative things individual.

7. Lorence Merk

Lorence Merk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Maintain a good relationship to them is a plus and make sure to give them incentive as well for their effort. Employees need to feel that they are given importance so giving them the benefits they deserve will boost their productivity.

8. austiinsmiith

austiinsmiith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

*Install CCTV and software to track activity,
    *Appoint someone or delegate the task of watching or tracking employees work.
    *Use reward & punishment to influence employees performance and keep them motivated at work.
    *Get engaged with your Staffs to understand them better.
    Thank you Staff India

9. Marcia Weaver

Marcia Weaver
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Employee engagement and the link to profitability is irrefutable; happy employeesequals improved productivity and increased profits.

10. chunky1

chunky1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Encourage them with bonunes or something like best employee of the month!

11. VnhumR

VnhumR
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To boost productivity in the long run, the key is to get your employees really engaged in your company and overall goals. Don't try to micro-manage them by tracking software. Instead, it's better to focus on their work result. There are so many things you can do to improve their engagement:
    - Offer timely rewards and values-based recognition
    - Take and give regular feedback
    - Build and develop a happy corporate culture
    - Hold teambuilding activities
    - Give them control over their work (ownership at work)
    - Celebrate milestones and success
    Of course, there should be some rules to reshape your workforce (stick) besides theses carrots, but don't forget to listen to your employees' ideas.

12. chunky1

chunky1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Will you please explain this part "- Give them control over their work (ownership at work)"?

13. VnhumR

VnhumR
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Normally we often think about the owner when it comes to ownership. But every employee has his/her own work and responsibilities, right? If you want your staff to take full responsibility for their jobs, you have to make them have sense of ownership regarding the work they do. Simply saying, it's personal responsibility and commitment to their work and the overall success of the company. Employees with ownership will take initiative and don't wait for someone to tell them every little thing.
    There're so many ways you can do to develop ownership culture, you can search more on Google.

• Like Like x 1
  14. chunky1

chunky1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks bro I already did but always need to know more opinions to understand it better

15. VerdinaNET

VerdinaNET
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Whether it is money, good working conditions, good salary, renumaration package, freedom to experiment new things or whatever... the most important is motivation. If one employee is motivated nomather now he is looking every second to improve and works hard.

• Like Like x 1
  16. VerdinaNET

VerdinaNET
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That is just basic observation that i make after 10 years of observations in different jobs, not mine only. That's just the way it is ( that is how people are thinking :)

17. Jimmy84

Jimmy84
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should consider the option to deny the access to websites such as Facebook, 9gag, Twitter etc. I believe nothing stimulates the employees more than bonuses for hard work. Another key to motive the employees is to regularly communicate with them, and let them know how the business is progressing.

18. John Blake

John Blake
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that motivation is the key. Of course, people can be motivated in different ways, but basically seeing that your work pays off and is appreciated works. Also, giving them feedback is very important. You should give them clear messages about what they do well, but also what is done wrong. Don't be afraid to give feedback, but also encourage your team to give feedback to you. Communication is crucial.

19. Brad Young

Brad Young
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Definitely motivation, but that doesn't just mean salary. Employees that want to work, produce a better quality of work, quicker. You should make the office somewhere calm and inviting and encourage conversation instead of emails, Agile/Scrum style standing discussions work really well from my experience.

20. chunky1

chunky1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Motivation that is really well said if employee is happy he/she is working harder and make more money for company, never considered that way before anyway