How can I learn Social Media Marketing?

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by HMS Naveen, Jan 5, 2018.

1. HMS Naveen

HMS Naveen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nowadays Social Media marketing takes a Prominent role in business marketing, So I need to learn SMM to Market by business on my self, Where I get the best resource to learn SMM?

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you can afford it, take a class. or multiple classes(which will earn a certificate), at a community college(or the equivalent in India). If not, there are several books available on the subject. If you go this route, make sure you get the latest edition, so the information is up-to-date. I would recommend "Social Media Marketing for Dummies All-In-One", which is the book I used when I earned my Digital Marketing Certificate.

3. Rakhi Kaur

Rakhi Kaur
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are a lot of free tutorials are available online to learn the social media marketing. If you really want to learn the then you can register for online/ offline course module of SMM. You should read these books for the better understanding of Social Media Marketing.

1. Social Media Marketing All-in-One For Dummies (Jan Zimmerman and Deborah Ng)
    2. The New Rules of Marketing & PR, 6th Edition: How to Use Social Media (David Meerman Scott)

4. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In order to stay up to date with latest techniques in social media marketing and other internet marketing world, you should keep an eye on top internet marketing blogs like moz.com, searchengineland.com. Participating in forums like this one would also be helpful but the most important thing is to test out different things yourself and see what works best for you. There might be some techniques that are working for someone but they would not going to give you much reward.

All the best (Y)

5. ruksar sheikh

ruksar sheikh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would advice you to learn it yourself rather than going for classes. You can start by learning SEO which could be the starting point of your digital learning. You can refer to tons of online blogs like semrush, moz and backlinko.
    Then you can go on to learn adwords which comes under PPC through google academy. Once you are thorough with these, you can go on to take projects from internshala and other websites which can offer you work from home projects

All the best and take care.

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Going to a class at a community college will legitimize your knowledge, if you are thinking of getting into the business, and also gives you the opportunity to "bounce" your thoughts off of fellow students, and gives you access to someone(the teacher) who actually has/had experience in marketing and can give you immediate help with any questions/problems you may have.

7. Synergy360

Synergy360
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my view, you can learn Social Media Marketing on your own with practice, and there are plenty of videos available online to guide you. But don’t expect this to happen overnight. You will learn, but it’ll take you some time to be job-ready, especially if you’re going to be focusing only on social media. There are plenty of courses online, and you can watch videos, start a Facebook page/ other social platforms as well, and use it to practice on. Stick to ethical practices so you don’t get easy results - but results you’ve worked hard to get. Explore advertising, try different targeting, different goals.The problem with learning on your own is that you’ll be spending a lot more to learn it thoroughly. I would suggest joining an offline course so you can learn everything faster, and make sure you join an institute that gives importance to practical understanding. So, that way you can practice and learn while you study and make sure you do your own reading and research on the side so you become more of an expert.

8. soothingbox

soothingbox
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How can I learn Social Media Marketing?

Ans:- u can learn social media through tutorial and YouTube videos.

i think youtube video is the best way for learn social media marketing with easy step and more information
    and also one more way for social media marketing. its join to social media marketing classes.

#8 soothingbox, Feb 9, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2018
  9. Sanjaytech

Sanjaytech
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First, don’t go intuition or class, you can learn to buy help from YouTube and same time subscribe SMM oriented channel besides keep watching that. This is the best way to learn SMM.

10. 5StarLimousine

5StarLimousine
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You Can Learn social media marketing through social media or any classes. Best way is the social media in youtube or tutorial. so my opinion is social medial learn through social media.

11. Ebblr

Ebblr
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are plenty of online Youtube and blog tutorials to teach you the mechanical basics of social media. In the end, the most important thing to understand is that you need to pick one social media network that resonates with your personal style. For instance, if you are visually oriented, you may gravitate toward Pinterest or Instagram. If words are your thing, a site such as Yahoo Answers or Reddit might be your thing. Stick with your strong points and don't stress if you're not the master of micro-blogging (aka tweets). There's a site for every promotion style. More than anything, take time to really get involved in the social media site you sign up to. Don't just spam your ads or links where ever you go. Add real value and content and you'll naturally obtain followers, fans, likes, shares and visitors to your website.

12. Olivia Caitlin

Olivia Caitlin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well there are tons of videos online which let you learn SMM. though social media marketing is easy to learn and the interface is easy to manages specially in Facebook but still you need guidance to manage and run advertisements. You can do online courses on Udemy, linda, edx which are pretty affordable and easy to learn.

13. rachelpatel

rachelpatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A star with basic “what is social media marketing?”, read blogs about different social media channels, How we can run the marketing campaign. You can also join an online/offline social media marketing course. For practice, you can write a blog and promote using social media.

14. VITS USA

VITS USA
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can prefer online pdf files to learn about SMO and SMM or you can prefer Youtube channel.

15. Chris_Tax

Chris_Tax
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am struggling get Facebook leads for my local Income Tax business

16. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

What makes you think people needing tax advice will be looking on Facebook?

If you need a plumber where do you look? If you need healthcare where do you begin your research?

17. mayo hair transplant

mayo hair transplant
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First, don’t go intuition or class, you can learn to buy help from YouTube and same time subscribe SMM oriented channel besides keep watching that. This is the best way to learn SMM.