How can i check which traffic is coming from organic source and paid separately?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Rob Schneider, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Rob Schneider

Rob Schneider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have been tracking my website's statistics with Google Analytics but i don't know why it is showing the paid traffic in the organic section.( do i need to do something here?)

Is there any other site or tool that can tell me the traffic coming to my website from paid and organic sources separately?

2. towertech

towertech
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I would like to ask you that which paid traffic you are talking about?

because if you use other paid traffic other then Google adword then there is particular tool available for paid traffic service provider, and you can use it.

If you use adword then you can use Google analytics where you can check the paid traffic from Google adwords.

THanks

3. Ourbusinessladder

Ourbusinessladder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am not familiar, but I think they 'll provide a particular code to install on your site so that you can track the result from paid service separately. For example, in facebook AdWords they provide a separate pixel code which should be inserted on your source code of your site to track the results.

4. joy.linford

joy.linford
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can track your website organic and paid traffic via Google Analytics. Simply Go to Google Analytics > Acquisition> All Traffic > Source/Medium.

5. Rob Schneider

Rob Schneider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I tried doing it by their is one medium which is blank and has the most no. of visitors, so basically it doesn't show the referral.

6. paulkeren

paulkeren
    uix_expand uix_collapse

By using Google Analytics you can be able to know from which source the visitors are coming either through organic or Paid or Social media or Referral and even you can find from which location the visitors are coming. But for tracking this you need to do some coding part which is present in google adwords. Just interlink Google Analytics and Google Adwords.

#6 paulkeren, Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2017
  7. shrikantha

shrikantha
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello first make sure that you are using same mail id for both Google AdWords and Google analytics and Google webmaster tools. If not it's not a problem. Now you need to connect Adwords & Google webmaster tools account to Analytics. That's it, now you can see all the traffic statistics. Don't forget to install Analytics universal code on each and every page of your site.

8. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is quite weird. GA mostly segment the organic and paid traffic by default. Try reinstalling the GA code to your site.