Guest blogging.

Discussion in 'Content Marketing' started by Jerlene, Jun 14, 2012.

1. nocovermr

nocovermr
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I guest blog all the time. Its a great way to get your name out there. Truth is its a good way for the blog owner to get new content and good for the guest blogger to get exposure and additional traffic as well.

2. acscoaustralia

acscoaustralia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Re : Guest blogging. Preview

I didn't allow guest posting as I don't want my users go somewhere else.
    I however tried guest posting to some other blogs.

3. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How would allowing guest posting cause your users to go elsewhere?

4. Owen

Owen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I do accept guest blog post, and I have plugins to control each and every users and their access. Its true that you can increase the traffic and revenue.

My alexa went down to 12L from 12C...

And yes, you can earn by putting adsense. For ex: refer http://Guestpostingblogs.com

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Are you a member of that site yourself Owen? If so, what are the benefits of membership?

6. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you know how to manage and probably moderate incoming contents from your guest posters / bloggers then it would really become a good deal Just like famous SEO blogs like SEOmoz blog section.

7. Valentinesmith

Valentinesmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Guest Blog It is a community for bloggers to submit their high quality content into our Guest Blog Marketplace where blog owners can pick it up and publish it on their authority websites.

Join today and you will be submitting your guest post to publication by high authority relevant websites which will assist in exposing yourself to new audiences while benefiting you with the most powerful SEO possible, links from unique domains and surrounded by unique, relevant content. Backlinks don't get any more powerful than this!

8. Jahan Choudhry

Jahan Choudhry
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sounds interesting Valentine.

Here are my thoughts on guest blogging.

Positives

1. Increases your credibility: It gives the impression that you are in the particular sector/circle people are interested in and have connections rather than a lone solitary figure. Being percieved as having connections implies popularity implies success, as opposed to being a loner. This doesn't matter however if you are so successful you don't need to worry e.g. Bill Gates, though even he collaborates with others.

2. Outsourcing: Instead of you having to work hard on something, someone else does it and you benefit from the resultant traffic and credibility.

3. Traffic can go up.: Mainly if followers of the guest read his/her blog on your site, or if his/her name has high SEO value, but anyway any additional content helps to improve traffic.

4. Saves time: Intimately connected to point 2, but imagine you spent 1 hour per blog, thus 5 blogs would equal 5 hours. Imagine however you had 5 guest writers who wrote their blogs whilst you did other things, you would have 5 hours saved and for increased traffic....all for free.

Negatives

1. May lose customers: Especially if the guest is a direct competitor, not a wise thing to do.

2. May have to edit: So in contrast to what I said above about less work, you may still have to work and perhaps it may even take longer! As you may be waiting for emails for the guest to authorize your amendments or deletions!

Just to let you know my blog is http:jahanc.wordpress.com

I get between 250-300 hits a day from all over the world (you can check my clustrmap on my blog).

I have 5,000+ facebook contacts and each time a blog is written on my site it goes straight to my facebook wall.

I am saying this because I would like to get guest writers for my blog (Here is my proof or "alibi" :D : http://jahanc.wordpress.com/2010/10/31/fergal-crawley-business-advice-forum/ )

Please feel free to PM me here or if you are not a member and just a guest reading this site my email is:
    jahan_choudhry@hotmail.co.uk

- Jahan :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. ilovedesign

ilovedesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Search engine optimization aside, it actually increases the trust value or professional value of your blog.

10. Owen

Owen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Fergal!

its one my friends website. As soon as you register in this domain, you will see list of blogs in dashboard who are accepting guest postings...

Domains for guest postings been separated by category... And we are step by step developing much more features....

AND YES THIS SITE IS CURRENTLY ACCEPT FREE REGISTRATION...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Trisha

Trisha
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have to say that since I registered to blogsynergy.com and signed my blog to accept guest posts, my blog has been thriving.
    I am not accepting about 3 guest posts a week and I write at list 2 guest posts a week.
    Best marketing method ever

12. remonray

remonray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No way,if guest are allowed to post you will got bunch of unusual posts or maybe spams posts advertising their products.I won't allow even members to post on the blog unless I know him/her completely or they will ruin the blog with unnecessary content.

13. man12345

man12345
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When you start a new blog, your content might have trouble reaching a wide audience, even if it is top-notch. By offering some posts up for other sites to publish, you can reach many more people who can carry over to your site and become subscribers.

14. driansmith

driansmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hello Jahan,
    Interesting thoughts - thanks.

A question for you though. What do you consider is the appropriate 'accreditation' for the guest blogger? A simple link back to his website looks suspicious given Panda/Penguin. Do you think a simple link from his profile is adequate? Or a link to his Google+ account?