Growing my business

Discussion in 'Legal and HR' started by NYChelp, Feb 1, 2020.

1. NYChelp

NYChelp
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Currently have a successful small carpentry business (Incorp), but I am looking to grow my business. I am thinking of creating a subsidy of my carpentry business. This subsidy would do things do AV/ computer so my question is:

1) Create a subsidy of my carpentry business as a C corp (not sure if that possible) and later transfer funds when I expand my business oversea.

2) Create a new business as a Corp and put the business in a trust fund.( I'll explain more later why a trust fund).

The reason why I am looking to start a trust fund is I am divorced and pay a lot in alimony as well as child support. I want to be sure my kids are left with enough money for college and things they will need when growing up.

I am looking of course to do everything legit so hence I am looking for the business avenue to do this. TIA

2. VITS USA

VITS USA
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your goal is not clear completely, but in this situation, you should consult with a lawyer who can guide properly guide you regarding "terms and conditions" of trust which you want to open.