Funding Preptalk

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Preptalk, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Preptalk

Preptalk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Dear people.

My goal in this thread is to get as much possible advice / help on result-driven techniques to acquire the funding for our pre-funded start up Preptalk.

Background
    Preptalk is a video content company that is going to validate lifehacks under household conditions aiming to reduce viewers monthly expenditure by a whopping 33%.

Problem
    Getting funded, obviously. There are overwhelming amounts of 'chance-based' techniques and services but they are unsuitable for a start-up like us because we can't afford financial risks. We are of the opinion pre-funded startups should be protected from 'chance-based' services but that's a story for some other time.

How much do we need?
    Current forecasts require 430k euros in revenue annually. Since our subscription is 90 euros annually that would come down to a minimum of 4778 paying customers.

Our solution
    Pre-order subscriptions. Basically reaching out to as many people as possible and just get them to commit. Then when we actually start, invoice everybody right away.

But where can we go to with our pre-order subscription solution to get the necessary people willing to support us?

2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Why do you need funding?

All you need is a phone and house to test the hacks. Nobody is going to pay you 90 euros for this.

3. EliteRoofing

EliteRoofing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you cannot afford financial risks it does not sound like you are in a position to do a start up. Nobody wants to fund a company where the owners are not putting anything up. Even starting my little roofing company I had to put money up to get it going. I would suggest you not pursue this until you are willing to invest yourself.

4. Preptalk

Preptalk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How about salaries for a 10 man crew? Professional recording equipment that allows you to view our stuff in Full HD from any and every angle? Crystal clear sound from high quality recordings? Editting of hours upon hours of material so viewers know in about 10 minutes max. the whole validation that could take us days or even weeks to do properly (from a scientifical point of view) , licenses of ERP, marketing budgets, rent of an office... insurances.

We are not an entertainment channel, but want to validate lifehacks properly. That is worth paying for because some lifehacks out there that are showcased are actually quite dangerous. Example? Toothpaste from charcoal as dark as it can get is dangerous. Yes, it has cleansing effects but too much of it will intoxicate you and not in a good way.

As for the money stuff. We want our viewers to save 33% on their monthly expenditure. I do not know about you but I am 100% everybody else can agree with me that 33% reduction of their monthly expenditure is at least 5 times as much than 90 euros annually. So a subscription on us does two things:
    1) It pays for itself
    2) It saves you a heck of an amount of money to spent on other stuff.

I would appreciate if you stop providing arguments like this and start providing suggestions we can employ, thank you.

5. Preptalk

Preptalk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most likely you also believe in the saying 'with money you can make more money'. That's fine, but we are from a different group and believe a different entrepreneurial economic philosophy. People do pre-orders all the time and do they care that owners of the company put money in? I doubt it seriously.

So please stop these arguments and please provide some tactics to employ if you know of any.

6. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

If you had posted that breakdown in your first post it would have been much clearer.

It seems that you want to do a mythbusters type thing. Do you have some examples of your work to show potential investors?

7. Preptalk

Preptalk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Although I personally love to be as elaborate as possible up front I've got serious complaints that being upfront with the full breakdown is intimidating. in fact it's got me some account blocked because of that.

let's say that we have 90% of our business plan complete. only our sales plan is seriously lacking except the part that we know we want to go with a pre-order subscription to ensure our company will exist from day 0 and will remain so as long as people are paying.

there is indeed a comparison to be made between what Mythbusters is doing for the myths, Preptalk is doing for life hacks. the difference between myths and life hacks is that life hacks are useful to employ in your day-to-day life and you are actually gaining financially from it. we are not here for brainless entertainment, we are here to help large groups of humans move forward both in self-esteem, self-reliance and financially.

we do not have any examples of work because that is why we are doing this pre-order subscription. the costs that are involved with our way of validating life hacks is not something that will cost just €100 one-off. we want to deliver quality and that means people have to pre-order our subscription before we can do anything.

we are also not going to work with investors because investors are one-off deals and startups do not survive on that. they survive on recurring income and that is what or pre-order subscription for our customers have to bring in.

In fact this pre-order subscription is a financial commitment subscription. it's safe for everybody because you're only going to pay when we have our forecast happy. so we won't send an invoice until we are actually able to start. I guarantee our customers that moment we are going to send an invoice is also the day that we have begun and we are financially healthy.

8. VITS USA

VITS USA
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you have a good business plan then should attend top multinational events, conferences, expo etc.…where so many people can easily understand your project and funding you easily.