Funding Pains and Wins

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by dtech57, Dec 20, 2019.

1. dtech57

dtech57
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello, all!

I'm new here, and I've just started fundraising for my tech company. I want to hear about everyone's experiences with fundraising. What were you worried about? What did you not expect? What was the process like? What worked? What didn't work? What would you have done differently? What was frustrating? What tools did you use? What tools did you wish you had?

I'm interested in hearing from startups and small businesses...Whether you used/are considering equity-based, debt-based, crowdfunding, commercial lenders, VCs, angels...Hit me with it!

2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

What are you offering in return for funding?

That’s the main thing an investor will want to know

3. VITS USA

VITS USA
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What is your exact goal? What is your main services?

Because without knowing the plan how investor or other people can invest their money in a new startup?

4. paymenthuddle

paymenthuddle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I help companies looking for funding whether it's VC, PE, or Growth Capital - the main thing that I hear from these guys is that you have to be able to show how you differentiate yourself from others. What is your 'secret sauce' as they say and how sustainable is it. Do you have any patents? VC, PE, and Growth Capital companies only fund about 1% of the deals that come across their desk annually so getting funding is not as easy as it seems.