Forum Link Building

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by paulsimon, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. band

band
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Agree it, I have make lot of friends through forum. It help me to have link exchange, market product and knowledge exchange.

Forum link is devalue, does not help to increase high PR. But links it still a links, it does generate referral traffic.

2. T-RexCards

T-RexCards
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's a good way, just be careful to vary your anchor text and don't spam!

3. charm01

charm01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Be a responsible forum poster, or better yet you posts will no longer be available. The worst, you account will be suspended.

4. Jo_B

Jo_B
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Forum link building is helpful with backlinks and traffic, and SEO, as long as the posts are quality ones. It's also interactive, and good for networking.

5. ChrisDouthit

ChrisDouthit
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For link building I would stick to whitehat methods and perhaps some other mass posting tools that do a good job and use proxies. My favorite are linkvana, unique article wizard and the link juicer.

6. riteshnarula

riteshnarula
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Forum posting is a good way for interchange your thoughts with other, as well it provides you one way links and traffic to your website.

7. MartinLedley

MartinLedley
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's doubtful that the links will give you that much help because most forums 'nofollow' embedded links. The real advantage to forum posting is the direct traffic you will get from your signature.

Your posts have to be useful though, and relevant to the subject matter, and pointless posting won't help at all. it's also not a good idea to start a thread until you've been active at the forum for a while and got to know the members and how it works. Replying to too many posts too quickly is also not a good idea. As with everything else in marketing, there's the right way to do it and the wrong way. The right way usually takes time and effort.

8. Mayjeantop

Mayjeantop
    uix_expand uix_collapse

good postng thanks

9. printsnpaints

printsnpaints
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks to all those who responded to this. It was a learning experience reading through different ideas and opinions.

10. amit16

amit16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think so..Forum posting is one of the great link building technique which helps to get quality backlinks.

11. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually, consider forum posting as only a way for you to create one-way links and it may not actually give you long term benefits. Why? You can just drop your post and leave a link on a forum you want to. And time will come that when mods or admins saw it, it will definitely be removed when it helped nothing or non-sense at all - just for dropping a link or signature.

Also, forums are resource sites - not backlinking medium. They only became a backlink medium as it give an extra benefit of including your signature on every of your posts as a way to create and build your profile.

Also, forum posting is a direct method - contradicting to what you mentioned that it is an indirect form of link building. When you visit a very credible and known forum, you directly participate with other members via posting your own thoughts and opinions and others comment or see what you share as well.

Regards,
    Mark T

12. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Posting affiliate links in Forums doesn't really agree with majority of the forums rules and regulations. If I were you, you should make a blog and make sure you optimized it well. Forum posting has been a part of the SEO methods for a long long time now. Although as a part of that industry, sadly most of the members who wants to link build only spams it sometimes knowingly. I made an oath to myself that I will not do that and provide more information every time I post. Hopefully one SEO can change lots of peoples perspective about SEO people as a professional and not spammers.

13. astonblake

astonblake
    uix_expand uix_collapse

why we are doing forum posting

Forum posting is a great way for off page optimization.Through forum posting we can get strong backlinks from another site.

14. astonblake

astonblake
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have a question if forum signature does not support BB code then which code i have to use for signature?Please let me know asap.

15. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can make it more beneficial if you do helpful and quality posts with your signature link, rather than by just dropping links on the site.

Other forums allow HTML on the signature line. If not, then, that forum doesn't allow you to add links.

16. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Although it is true, you need to post quality replies so that it will stay longer and give better and long-lasting results.

17. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes Geki. You are right - that's why I said don't just drop links on forums especially when they are worth staying and sharing ideas for. :)

18. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

[Similar threads merged!]

19. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Forum posting is a good way to build links but only if you're putting your link or links into the signatures, not the actual posts. Putting links into the actual posts will get you banned and people will know you and your site as spam.

20. Dawey

Dawey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Generally true, but I agree to only to about 75%

Forum posting for SEO is extremely time consuming because every single link gives so little in return. But if you get many links from a high quality, high PR source that is related to your own branch (and hopefully one that "do follow"), well of course, that will boost your site. Forum posting doesn't give much at all compared with five years ago, so you really need to work a lot on it.

On "putting links into the actual posts": It depend on what forum you post and how you do it. If you have an article or blog post that add some good value or information to the forum members, the link could be appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.