Foreign Investment and Taxation

Discussion in 'Accounting and Taxes' started by FlightPrince, Feb 7, 2012.

  1. FlightPrince

    uix_expand uix_collapse
    New Member

    Feb 7, 2012
    Likes Received:
    Here's a scenario:

    ABC, LLC. is located in the United States, and has received an offer for equity investment offer from international company XYZ, Ltd. In researching the tax laws associated with this transaction, ABC found little useful information.

    Here's my question:

    What type of IRS reporting is ABC and XYC required to do with the IRS? Which forms are relevant? So far, the only thing that I see that needs to happen is that XYZ needs a Taxpayer ID Number from the IRS, and that ABC simply fills out the necessary forms, and withholds a certain amount for taxes from net profits sent to XYZ. Is this accurate information? Is there something more ABC need to do, besides talking with a CPA?

Share This Page