Finally dumped Quickbooks

Discussion in 'Accounting and Taxes' started by Aaron Harden, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Aaron Harden

Aaron Harden
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am so excited. After years of putting up with Quickbooks idiosyncracies, high costs, cost increases, and bad / no support I pulled the plug. It was a hard decision because I was afraid anything we jumped to would be missing needed features. I shouldn't have worried.

We switched to Zoho saving about hundreds of dollars per year. Does everything we need and is 10x easier to use. They have 24/7 chat support with a very knowledgable person. I love it.

Has anyone else jumped off Quickbooks with a story to tell. Yeah!

2. stargrit

stargrit
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's getting so bad that I'm about to dump this whole stinking mess.I tried calling the help line, but when it finally answered, the person.

3. VITS USA

VITS USA
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No Thanks :)

4. overcast

overcast
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Still using the quickbooks at work place. I don't see any other app would be replacing it for us. Dubsado and Wave apps are there but no chance of they replacing the everyday quickbooks for us.

5. Choice Checks

Choice Checks
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I use to love using Peachtree, but since they are now Sage 50. I tried to use their latest program. Loved it, but failed. It wouldn't recognize the registration. Big Fail. Went back to Quickbooks and i haven't had any problems. It does work good. You get what you pay for as well. Everything is going up in expenses but just what it is though. Nothing else we can really do. We have to have it make our business run. Cut down on other expenses if you have to, in order to afford your accounting program

6. overcast

overcast
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think zoho like service is only worth it if you buy entire suite and want people to work on single interface.

7. AdrianG001

AdrianG001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I really have no experience with Zoho books, so I can't speak to their ease of use, they my be totally awesome, I just don’t know.

QuickBooks however, though ironically not ‘intuitive’, is relatively easy to understand and is very forgiving if you make an error.

Additionally since it is the predominate small business software, any new hires you make a likely to be familiar with it, and most other software systems like inventory or point of sales write integrations that work with QuickBooks.

All that being said, it is a powerful piece of software and I would highly recommend seeking out a QuickBooks Certified Professional advisor to help with the setup and any problems you have.