Feedback on Favicon Generator website

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by azraf, May 28, 2020.

1. azraf

azraf
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am developing a new website for free online Favicon Generator. https://create-favicon.com/
    You valuable opinions and comments will help me a lot. I am still working with content. but functionality is completed.

Thanks in advance.

2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Works ok but can't really see the point. Most decent site builders and CMS have built in favicon generators.

3. azraf

azraf
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most popular CMS right now is Wordpress. I am not sure if WordPress have the built in favicon generator. If you could mention some site-builder / CMS that have built-in favicon generator, that would be help me to make my strategy also.

Thank your your opinion.

4. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Yes it does. It’s built into the customiser.

Who are you targeting? How do you plan to market the website?

5. azraf

azraf
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wordpress has buit-in system for implementing favicon. It does not generate favicon. Also it ask for 512x512 px favicon size. and Wordpress does not add multiple size variation of favicon on HTML Head.

We have developed a wordpress plugin, that add multiple size favicon to wordpress head (i.e. html head) and will follow the file names that we generate from the create-favicon.com website.

Plugin is ready. We are working on the plugin and the create-favicon.com website documentation.

6. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

You know all this but Wordpress users won’t know or care. They will see the customiser option and use that. They won’t be looking for a plugin.

7. azraf

azraf
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are right. Thats why we are planning to release the plugin in wordpress plugin directory for free and will make some good content and promotion to make them aware them about it. Hope that will work.

8. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

You will be competing against all the other well established plugins. And these are now all struggling because they are no longer needed.

Wordpress is not the best target for your tool. Mainly because of the built in favicon generator.

• Like Like x 1
  9. azraf

azraf
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually I am developing a wordpress plugin with several utilities. Favicon i one of them. The plugin is not only for favicon. It will add some basic wordpress and woocommerce features/functionality to the site admin.

10. VITS USA

VITS USA
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is very good website to generate Favicon but I am facing some pixels related issue.