facebook or google ads

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by themike72, Sep 9, 2019.

1. themike72

themike72
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My kids tell me I NEEEEEED to be on facebook, so I'm giving internet marketing an honest try for my gym (please don't message me with services, i don't want to hire a marketer).

Thought I'd share some resources that have helped me a bit, and hopefully people can add to the list!

1. New World Franchise - https://www.newworldfranchise.com/ - this guy gives some website templates away for free, BUT, you have to sit through a 8 minute video. I did actually end up buying his stuff though, it was pretty cheap.

2. Local Business Workshop - https://www.mattenglishconsulting.com/digi-foundation - Same guy as above, I bypassed the opt-in page so you don't have to give your email. Theres 3 videos with lots of info for free, mostly about facebook ads. Does actual screenshare walkthoughs. 4th video is him trying to sell his course. I didn't buy it, but I am curious.

Would love to get more resources or any videos that have helped people. I'm trying to learn as much as I can about marketing as i can.

Anything about google ads would be great as well.

Thanks!

2. cmsminds

cmsminds
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both Google Ads and Facebook Ads offer lots of features. Some of them are common and some of them are unique. So, you should look for both Facebook and Google Ads to reach the maximum targeted audience.

3. Nizam Ali

Nizam Ali
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google Ads is better than Facebook Ads for certain business types and marketing goals.
    For example, businesses in the service industry typically find Google Ads to be a better option.

4. JustinC

JustinC
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should focus on Google Ads more than Facebook Ads. People come to Google to search for their queries.
    On Facebook, they are bombarded by services even if they do not search for it.
    You can have more conversion rates on Google than on Facebook as the search intent is intense on it than Facebook.

5. Christler

Christler
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Use both. You'll grow your business faster if you do.

6. JustinC

JustinC
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google Ads are better than Facebook Ads. In Google Ads, you only pay when somebody clicks on your Ad. And People go to Google to search for their queries.
    On Facebook people are bombarded with Ads irrespective of whether they are looking for them or not.
    So Google gives the ability of targeted marketing which Facebook lacks.
    Hence I suggest Google over Facebook.

7. Donatello 10

Donatello 10
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best strategy is to use both of them but if don't have the budget
    you should focus on where you find the most activity from your target

8. kavitabhaskar

kavitabhaskar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well both are pretty good for different goals. But I will prefer google ads over Facebook cuz you only pay when someone clicks on it . Although facebook is pretty good to increase awareness on social media about the business . I suggest you to use both to grow your page and most of the features are same in both of them