E commerce store or real store which one is better ?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by irisyang, Aug 15, 2014.

1. J_Liu

J_Liu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A combination of the two would be great. You can take advantage of online promotions and have an online catalog so that they can browse and just go to your physical store if they still need to see the actual product or would like to make the actual purchase there.

2. Audrey Zack

Audrey Zack
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In today's time, businesses should provide an omni-channel solution where you link each and every channel to each other to get the most out of your business. It might be your physical store, online store, mobile app, web app etc.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Suman Verma

Suman Verma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Due to the increased popularity and availability of Internet access many real stores are considering eCommerce as a valid and profitable sales channel. However, eCommerce and real stores are very different, and it's important to weight carefully the differences between the two, in order to decide if it would be a good fit for your business or just a costly mistake.

4. trace56

trace56
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can start from the online store and if you will run the business successfully you can start to search do you have enough money and demand to expand. But I think to start eCommerce is safer and reasonable nowadays. You could easily promote yourself, compare to the competitors, build an effective strategy and much more.

5. CouponZeta

CouponZeta
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Either it is e-commerce store or a real store the chances of success is equal because there are wide chances here. Both offer discounts, both provide the same product. People may not have time but people still consider to shop manually in the store as well as there are many online shoppers out there. In both ways the business will be good but if it a real store then we should also consider where we are going to open the store as the location is the most important thing sometimes.

6. Bella Lopez

Bella Lopez
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ecommerce store is more economical than a real physical store. You can start your online business in the fraction of amount you'll spend on getting your traditional business set up.

All you need is a website, an Internet connection and a laptop. You can literally manage your store from anywhere around the world. You don't even need an office.

Also, you don't even need stock! There is this great business model called dropshipping wherein you can sell products and transfer the order to the supplier who packs and ships the products to buyer on your behalf. If you're looking to make more profits in lesser time, you should go for an ecommerce business.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ali Imam

Ali Imam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, most of the people that I know, have opened an online e-commerce store because they were low on budget. If you have enough money to open a real store with an address and combine it with an online e-commerce store, that would be amazing. You can sell from both places, and from time to time create campaigns to drive customers to you offline store and request them to prove their feedback. So, It will build great trust in the eyes of your new customer.

8. dlassociates

dlassociates
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello!

The attendance of physical stores is struggling to increase. Since around 2015, traffic to physical stores have been on a decline becayse powerhouse ecommerce sites like Amazon are around. With that being said, I would recommend an ecommerce site because that is where the current consumer traffic trend is going. However, building an authoritative ecommerce site is difficult since the ecommerce market is so saturated. It will take a while to start finding ROI from an ecommerce site. In my opinion: find a niche market and sell to it (physically or online)! That will be your best bet.

9. SophieSS

SophieSS
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, it really depends! For example, jewelry online store can be tricky, cause people want to actually see the ring. Perfumes, cosmetics - the same. But clothes, electronics etc - a lot of people buy online and e-commerce fashion stores are rapidly growing. There is no definitive answer to that. But surely every physical store needs to have a website in good standing, this is a must have even if it's not e-commerce.

#29 SophieSS, Mar 28, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2018
  10. John A. Wimberly

John A. Wimberly
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its depend on season When there is winter season - people love to go out & shop but when there will be summer - people hate to come outside of their home then e-commerce will be a better option for them.

11. Paul Davis

Paul Davis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ecommerce store is best. You can save time, compare price and have an option to visit similar product website to get the best deal.

12. Olivia Caitlin

Olivia Caitlin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both the Businesses are good. since e-commerce has developed so much in the past few years but still i thing the Retail store has its own importance. You can have lot more choices online but you can not actually the products there are lot of chances when the product shown online is different from the actual one. But i Prefer store shopping and only prefer online if i find something new and interesting.

13. Jacob Hawkins

Jacob Hawkins
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that you have to open both online and offline store. Most of the people search online and buy from the offline store. People usually prefer offline store because there they can touch the product and see for their self.

14. shahji

shahji
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would consider having Online Store and Brick and Mortar Store.Since there are few challenges in just having the Online Store ( Like people cannot physically touch the product or evaluate it themselves before purchase )or Just having Brick and Mortar store (Like location barrier). It does not mean that combination of both may not have challenges.There will be ,example :- Managing the Inventory of the Online Store and Physical Location, Proper Accounting for the Online Sales incurred and also Shipping the Products. But Preference would be combination of both as it is required in current times.

Shahji

15. devninmurphy

devninmurphy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i would say, Booth have their own value. There are people who still want to go for the shopping and for me and my family shopping a fun activity where i can spend some quality time with kids and can do some outdoor activities. But if i purely want to buy something then surely online is the best mode because it gives you lot more choices and affordable deals.

16. Peter Wallace

Peter Wallace
    uix_expand uix_collapse

From my point of view, they both are good. We always use both of them.

17. Smith-K

Smith-K
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can always try building a store around Shopify and see where things go with it. The current market crop of marketers are mainly using Shopify as an ecommerce platform to launch their stores online. Now, there are tonnes of video tutorials available online surrounding Shopify so should not be an issue for you.

18. Austin Sparrow

Austin Sparrow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would say it depends what are your incomes from online shop. If you are doing good then sure, combine real store with online shop.

19. Diana.kasim

Diana.kasim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If we are talking about today, yes, I agree with all above comments, combination of both is a great choice. But in the nearest future, i feel like with a technology we have now, we can create similar experiences for online store as we go to a real store.

20. reema

reema
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I will prefer Ecommerce store. Best positive point of ecommerce is the lowered cost. A part of these lowered costs could be passed on to customers in the form of discounted prices.