Does WordPress really help to improve search engine rankings?

Discussion in 'Wordpress' started by Multima$tery, Nov 19, 2016.

?

How much do you rely on WordPress?

1. I use WordPress on ALL of my sites.

66.7%
  2. I use WordPress on some of my sites

11.1%
  3. I only use WordPress on only one site.

11.1%
  4. Screw WordPress, I use another web building platform.

11.1%
  1. Multima$tery

Multima$tery
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm sure we've all heard that building a site on WordPress can help improve our rankings (I'm particularly taking about the self-hosted WordPress: wordpress.org). But is it really true?... does it really help improve rankings over other web building platforms - or is it just all in our heads? o_O

2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Wordpress won't help improve ranking. In fact a poorly configured Wordpress site can harm ranking. What affects ranking is the site structure, content and internal linking. I doesn't matter what platform you use.

3. Raj kapoor

Raj kapoor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think yes wordpress really help to improve search engine ranking.

4. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Did you read my post?

Wordpress does NOT help to improve search engine ranking

5. alastairbrian

alastairbrian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to my experience, it is easy to rank blogspot than ranking a WP site. Reason is obvious, Google always give preference to its own products. However by the use of SEO tools like YOAST, we can also rank WP.

6. nurabooo

nurabooo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nope you should begin with optimizing your site by good content placing your keyword in your content

7. BODHost

BODHost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have to somewhat agree with you on this, although I have seen many blogspot properties dominating the serps but I have failed to analyze them when it comes to the ranking part. I believe WP has the edge over other CMS because of it's simplicity and there are so many plugins readily available online but then again Google is smart enough to catch spam so it all needs to be quality.

• Like Like x 1
  8. David Beck

David Beck
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, Wordpress will help to improve search engine ranking. it is a very compatible with search engines while comparing to other platforms, and rank easily in short time.

9. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Sorry @David Beck but that is incorrect. It's your site content and navigation that Google looks at not the platform you use. And a badly configured WordPress site can actually hurt your ranking not improve it.

10. Dewlance

Dewlance
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have a html based website and wordpress site, My HTML based website keyword is now ranking on 2nd page so I don't think that using wordpress will boost rank.

Main important point is depend on configuration of wordpress.

11. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wordpress is certainly an SEO friendly CMS but it doesn't mean that you just need to use wordpress in order to get good search engine rankings. You still need to do SEO of your wordpress site as you would do for any other website. However there are some very useful wordpress SEO plugins available like Yoast that would really help you with your SEO efforts.

12. Smith-K

Smith-K
    uix_expand uix_collapse

CMS platforms doesn't matter to improve rankings in SERPs. Its depend on On-page and off-page activities which you have done for your website.

13. BODHost

BODHost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think he said that because there are so many plugins that are being sold on IM forums which are mainly compatible with WP. Also, the fact that it's very easy to install and design sites using Wordpress.

14. Smith-K

Smith-K
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Using Wordpress definitely helps in terms of the easyness, but that does not mean that you are guaranteed to rank on serp using WP alone. Also, many of the people think that using plugins is the answer to all the hassles. It takes compelling content and relevant links to rank.

15. kaufenpreis

kaufenpreis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When it comes to CMSs, WordPress, Joomla! and Drupal are the three leading names today. They all have their own strenghts.

Use Drupal for community platform sites with multiple users; for online stores.

Wordpress is ideal for fairly simple web sites, such as everyday blogging and news sites; and anyone looking for an easy-to-manage site.

Joomla allows you to build a site with more content and structure flexibility than Wordpress offers, but still with fairly easy usage. It supports e-commerce, social networking and more.

16. Charlsneck

Charlsneck
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that WordPress is a choice for website customization, But It depends upon you what you have knowledge, how do you optimize your website?

17. Vicky Mallick

Vicky Mallick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

WP is indeed the best CMS compared to other hosting sites. But again, when it comes to SERP ranking, using too much of plugins in WP actually makes your website performance slow. I recommend using YOAST plugin, as their SEO suggestion is one of the industry recognized way of how to publish content that are SEO friendly. Besides, manual coding of site updates can be done in WP hosted sites too; provided it is self-hosted with domain and not wordpress.org

18. Tamiecnac

Tamiecnac
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I wouldn't use any other platform unless I was selling product directly from the website in which case I would probably go with a more solid solution, however Wordpress will no doubt increase your rankings if you post good content regularly and maintain your socials

19. Zita

Zita
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your Web Hosting Provider also directly can be the part influencing in your Search Engine Ranking. Because, SEO ranking will be boosted considering the uptime, speed and other factors of your website. And your web hosting provider will be the reason behind it.

20. Madaboutdm1719

Madaboutdm1719
    uix_expand uix_collapse

WordPress is just a CMS platform and does not really effect the ranking on Google If you're planning to rank on Google withTraffic and Leads. You need to focus on On page and Off page strategies.

Install the below Plugins on your WordPress Site

1. W3 Total Cache
    2. Yoast / All in One SEO Plugin
    3. Rich Snippets
    4. Google Analytics by Monster Insights
    5. Elementor