Does a software package include the charges of maintenance?

Discussion in 'Apps & Software' started by Hazell19gus, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Hazell19gus

Hazell19gus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is my first ever post on this board. I have been a frequent visitor here for the past few weeks as I wanted to get an expert opinion on purchasing a vendor management system. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any related posts.
    Now, I have shortlisted a vendor management software of Dock365 based on my demo experience and the cost I got quoted from various vendor software providers including this mentioned one.
    I have an online boutique. Of course, any e-commerce business has to deal with a lot of vendors, such as me.
    The mentioned vendor management system seems to fit my budget, yet I'm not sure about the customer service or maintenance cost after getting it. I would like to know that when we purchase software, does the package includes the charges of maintenance? I'm asking in general, if that is the case, I would like to contact the Dock 365 team, else I won't be discussing it.
    Also, if the software gets upgraded after our purchase, do we get informed of it, and do we have to pay more to get the updated one?
    Lol, I don't know whether I'm asking silly questions, but this is the first time I am purchasing a business software that is why I'm trying to be doubt-free as much as possible.
    Thanks for reading and I sincerely expect your replies.
    Thanks.

#1 Hazell19gus, Jul 17, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2020
  2. Scarlett

Scarlett
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi
    Most of the vendors include maintenance costs in their price but it's still better if you ask your vendor about it. You can ask him to break the cost and share complete details.
    Honestly, seeking a reliable software vendor is crucial and the most important. So, I would suggest talking this through before you finalize anything.

3. VITS USA

VITS USA
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is not necessary,, but most of the companies provides multiple maintainance packages which include different services according to packages yearly. You can take optional maintainance package of the company as well for security purpose. You can renew it also according to requirement.