Do You Have A Bible?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by brandy, Jun 24, 2011.

1. ProfitClinic

ProfitClinic
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have several Bibles and other books of scripture that I read regularly. These days, because I'm getting older and my eyesight isn't as good, I read and study digital editions that I keep on my mobile devices (cell phone and tablet). They're so much less bulky and heavy that way. :D

The advantages are important for me. They include being able to search quickly for keywords and phrases, cross reference quickly, enlarge the type size, change the font and being able to listen to them as well. And they link to beautifully-made videos depicting the life, death and resurrection of Jesus, whom I follow.

If you have no Bible and would like a digital edition of the King James version, feel free to download it from this link, free of charge.

2. JPMaroney

JPMaroney
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have a Bible and it is a new testament. I love reading it before I go to sleep while my daughter is listening to me. So, God bless us.

3. Modishfitt

Modishfitt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No,i don't have bible.

4. harrisongeorge22

harrisongeorge22
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't have a bible. But I'm planning to buy one. How many versions does the bible have?

5. mirandawalsh48

mirandawalsh48
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We have a Bible at home. When I was young I always see my mom reading it. Sometimes, she reads it when we are about to sleep. She use it as our bedtime story.

6. E.Mil

E.Mil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes I have several and some I bought, some were gifts and some I got for free.

7. P.Skinner

P.Skinner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have read the Bible right through on two occasions, and in part at many other times, because it is an important part of our culture. But I am not Christian and so have no real need to keep a copy around, any more than any of the world's other great holy books. I need to look a passage up for some reason all of the out of copyright versions are easily found online. The King James is my favorite version because of the poetic use of language.

8. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am quite a religious person and I go to church at least once a week. Yes, we have a Bible in the house, 3 in fact, i.e. 2 in English and 1 in our local language. But I admit that I seldom read it. However, when we need to consult something, at least the Bible is there at hand. By the way, I was born and raised a Roman Catholic... and I remain so.

9. Onionman

Onionman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My mother gave me a small book of psalms years ago and traditionally take it with me whenever I travel. I always pack it in my suitcase and it's become a bit of a superstition for me to take it with me. I think it just gives me a bit of comfort.

10. appleannie123

appleannie123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do not have a bible. I am thinking of going back to church sometime soon. I have recently found a church that does not make you dress up too much. I think I will continue to go to this church. I will be getting a bible soon.

11. healingforce

healingforce
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No, I haven't. I've been religious when I was a child as I went in church quite often but mainly because I was obligated to so more or less. As I grown up I just threw it away since I completely changed my view about religion.

12. cibes

cibes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have a King James version of Bible, but since I can't bring it with me 24/7, I just have a Bible Application on my Phone as an alternative.

13. CrowdedHighways

CrowdedHighways
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am not religious, but I do have a Bible at home. Despite being an atheist, I consider it to be one of the best books I have ever read. And not because I have not read many!

14. iikmindia

iikmindia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have seo bible, this a best book of search engine optimization.

15. chad23

chad23
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No, I don't have it.

16. backpackstatus

backpackstatus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do have a bible in my house. However, I believe that there is only one bible. The other holy books are the equivalent to the Christian bible for other religions (such as the Qur'an).

17. missbishi

missbishi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have no religion and therefore, there are no religious texts in my house. Whilst there is only one Bible as such, there are a few different editions available and I think that this is what the OP is referring to.

18. Diane Lane

Diane Lane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have a few different versions. Mine is Saint Joseph Fine Art Edition (Catholic), and I have a NIV also, from when I worked at a Presbyterian Church.

19. Ana

Ana
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have two Bibles, the King James Version and the New English Version.. I prefer reading my NIV because it is easier to understand.

20. tsubibo

tsubibo
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I don't have a bible in my room. We have the King James Bible somewhere. Its been a long time since anybody has read our bible.