Do you dress to impress?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Rosy Queen, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Rosy Queen

Rosy Queen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Curious as to how you all approach going to a meeting - casual or not. I usually dress based around the environment of the meeting. My husband does not do this, however. He wears semi-casual clothing unless he HAS to dress up. I think thats wrong. What do you think?

2. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I believe your dressing should make you more confident and make you comfortable wearing it. It differs with every individual, some like it casual some like it formal so there is nothing must with dressing I guess.

3. Rosy Queen

Rosy Queen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

But if it's for something important like a meeting, I feel that you should dress up even a little bit more. Maybe it is just me though?

4. DanLucks

DanLucks
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The type of meeting would most likely inform my general choice; suit or slacks, tie or none etc.

However, while a suit is often inappropriate in its formality, equally I would never attend a meeting with someone in something that wasnt clean and free from wrinkles. The way you present yourself is how people will see your business - if you look like you cant even remember to do your laundry or shave in the morning, how can someone expect your to run a succesful business?

5. Brooke Harper

Brooke Harper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do dress to impress, appropriately. It's a way for me to show my professionalism and confidence. Therefore, I dress according to my environment and the kind of meeting I'll attend but I don't go too casual.

6. Have you used offrs?

Have you used offrs?
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that another way to look at it is "dress to respect." But that also goes for yourself.

7. SophieSS

SophieSS
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I dress to be self-confident. When you feel comfortable in your outfit, you like your look and if the outfit is appropriate to the occasion it really helps and makes you feel better. Sure it depends on each individual, but nothing boost your self-confidence and creativity like well-tailored outfit :)

8. Jessica A.

Jessica A.
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends on the company if they would allow casual clothing or not. Some companies require their employees to dress up when a very important person is attending the meeting whilst on other occasions, if it is a small meeting with little urgency then dressing up smartly would not suffice for some. I guess conformity to the situation is what matters but then again if you feel that how you dress up will back up your confidence levels in meetings then by all means dress up accordingly.

9. MichelleA

MichelleA
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me I dress for the satisfaction of my self and most especially I dress based on the environment I'm dealing to.

10. paullinus

paullinus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Should dress as per the requirement. If the meeting is with high-level corporate clients, it is suggested to dress up your best so that your confidence is up. If the meeting is an average one, go in semi-casual, but in decent dress of course.

11. Ebblr

Ebblr
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's easier to 'dress to impress' if you're working at an office than a home-office worker where lounge pajamas and loose t-shirt are the standard attire. And yet, it's just as important to dress up for your own morale, even if no one else is around as it alerts your brain that it's business (rather than) play time.

12. Brad Young

Brad Young
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It completely depends on the environment. I was always told to dress for the job you want, not the job you have.

13. VPSnet

VPSnet
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Dressing to impress others in any situation takes more than just putting on the right clothes, making sure your hair is in order and making your face look fresh. Every part of your outfit, including your nails & shoes, are important details.