Do you buy backlinks?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Jay., Feb 9, 2013.

1. ramiszaro

ramiszaro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Buying links has dropped down after penguin because it gives penalty if we buy a backlink from irrelevant sites so try to avoid that but you can get from relevant sites.

2. ProfitClinic

ProfitClinic
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't buy backlinks. I also don't put loaded guns in my mouth or drink anything laced with poison. (Certainly not knowingly.)

If you want to play on the precipice with Panda and Penguin and other dumb animals, expect to go over the edge at some stage.

3. LiquidServe

LiquidServe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's no surprise that a new site needs back links to gain momentum and show its superiority in the niche!
    Some people have the time to do this manually while some do not! So they buy the back links well I am one of them and I buy it for my sites too ;)

4. Alan Robinson

Alan Robinson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i thought about it but ive no intention of buying back links

5. lynxus

lynxus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thinking about this again..

I DO buy backlinks. However I buy ADS.. These need to link back to my site and a lot of times they are a generic link without the no follow. So yeah, I suppose in a round about way, i do.

6. NateAnglin

NateAnglin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No, the best backlink is quality content. If people are willing to share then you did what your supposed to do. Just ask Googles Penguin and Panda what they think about irrelevant bought backlinks.

7. ProfitClinic

ProfitClinic
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One of the best approaches I've seen — and legitimate (“White Hat”) too — is an in-depth article (with instructions) by Justin Brooke of The Traffic Strategist.

I obtained Justin’s permission to reproduce it for anyone wanting it, free of charge. You can download it at no cost from here:

http://theonlinebizwiz.com/likes?linkjuice/BAF
    [​IMG]

#67 ProfitClinic, Mar 24, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  8. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Buying links doesn't always mean you need to have a link in with that specific keyword on that page or in the sidebar or footer. It can be a lot of things, big companies buy links. I think I posted this a couple of times now here at BAF: Wil Reynolds' RCS: Real Company Stuff (but sometimes he calls it S**t) http://www.slideshare.net/wilreynolds/do-real-company-stuff-mozcon-2012-version Although Google doesn't approve buying links to manipulate their search engine rankings the reality is a lot of businessman do this.

9. Picture

Picture
    uix_expand uix_collapse

True, buying links from Indian link farms is asking for trouble, but not all bought links are so obvious. Many webmasters are willing to accept payment for natural link placement on high quality sites.

Doing it naturally or paying for it the end game is still the same, and to those who say they will never pay for it ask yourself why G is so against it. it begins with "Ad" and ends in "words"

10. Picture

Picture
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think I touched on this in a previous post. As the previous owner of a semi-popular site I was regularly approached by major chains asking to buy backlinks. Not quite your Walmarts, but not far behind. They know how to buy inconspicuously and make it seem natural.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Michael Leng

Michael Leng
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have never bought backlinks neither. Well, could you please share what you have been doing stuffs to increase traffic hit your site?