Do you buy backlinks?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Jay., Feb 9, 2013.

1. Delgado2009

Delgado2009
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can survive without hundreds of backlinks if you have unique content.

2. Picture

Picture
    uix_expand uix_collapse

They have no way of policing it, unless they snoop on webmasters emails.

• Like Like x 1
  3. lynxus

lynxus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nope.

Never have, Never will.

Too risky , Dont want to get banned by google.

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Links have been the foundation of Google's algorithm for quite some time. Yes, you may be able to survive, but you are not going to be highly ranked on Google, or probably any other search engine, for any extended period of time, without backlinks.

What do webmaster's emails have to do with backlinks to their website? When Google's bots crawl a website, they will see the number of incoming links a website has, and where they are coming from. A large number of links coming in all at once will look suspicious, and will likely result in a penalty from Google. It has nothing to do with email.

5. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Private transactions happens via emails, right?
    Anyways, having a large number of referrals in a short period of time, especially if your site is new, is really fishy and might get the red flag. Buy how about those who purchase 1 backlinks at a time?

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The transaction itself is not what matters, it is the result of the transaction. Google doesn't care if someone pays for a bunch of links using PayPal, credit card, or some other method of payment. What Google does care about is finding a large number of links appearing at the same time.

I doubt if anyone, with even a basic knowledge of SEO, would purchase one link at a time. It sounds like an attempt to "fool" Google by playing games to try to bend the rules in a way that would make it seem you are not breaking them. That's not something I would recommend.

7. LordRoco

LordRoco
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I generate free links if possible. I am not sure if I am the best brain to answer, but I think I get more members due to free back links I generate. Though, they donot increase my google page rank (something I am not very concerned about), they help me boost the statistics of my forum. Personally, that is more important to me than to see my website as the first page result in google :d

8. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm basically talking about those link advertisements, which Fergal believed to be a form of backlink buying.

9. Picture

Picture
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Although it's true Google may pick up something through gmail there is no way they are monitoring every single private email on every single server.

10. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I saw you mention "link advertisements" before, and I'm not sure what you're referring to. I had never seen the term before I saw it in one of your posts. What exactly do you mean by a "link advertisement"?

11. matt086

matt086
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I did not yet buy backlinks because i wanna be fair to everyone.Because for me getting backlinks is like battle and that is the challenging about it.

12. egrove

egrove
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No, i never bough backlink from other site.

13. AnnexPaul

AnnexPaul
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No i dont buy backlink, its a bad idea in SEO.

14. TT Annoy Me

TT Annoy Me
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google will penalise you heavily for buying links as it's conning the algorithm Google uses to rank websites.

Building links naturally is the best form of SEO.

15. database13

database13
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Buying any links from different websites is strictly punishable from Google. That's why try to avoid purchase any links.

16. jasmine12

jasmine12
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you buy link Google looks down on and they can penalize your site

17. Picture

Picture
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm seeing a lot of informed info on here regarding this. The myth that if you build too many backlinks quickly you will be penalized is quite frankly nonsense. Let's say a buzz is created about a website before it launches, a lot of people are excited about this upcoming site and the day it launches many popular websites post a story with a link about it and it goes viral. Do you think Google punishes said site for this? Nope.

I would still like to hear a valid answer on how people believe detects paid for links?

18. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I haven't ever bought backlinks for my websites. I have been doing stuffs on my websites without buying backlinks.

19. Biz

Biz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I never have. I agree with Jerlene and think building it yourself is better.

20. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I noticed that when you mentioned the "myth" of being penalized because your website receives too many backlinks quickly you used the word "build" rather than the word "buy", which was the OP's original question. You then go on to say that " a lot of people are excited about this upcoming site and . . . many popular websites post a story about it and it goes viral". In the example you gave, the website owner did not "build" the links, they were received from a wide variety of websites using editorial links in the story. On the other hand, if the website owner were to "buy" links in bulk from a link farm in India, they would come from websites of questionable, often low, quality. This is how Google detects paid links - rarely, if ever to large quantities of purchased links come from editorial links on high-quality websites.