Creating and living up to your brand promise

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by allcitycleaning, May 20, 2019.

1. allcitycleaning

allcitycleaning
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I ran across this article on building and delivering on a brand promise. It is a good article and says well how important brand promise can be. For my residential cleaning business the brand promise is what sets my company apart. Being a service company where the product is the last worker into your home, this is especially hard to deliver on. However, being able to deliver on the promise is what really sets us apart. Have you considered your brand promise?

2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Yes, I’ve considered it and rejected it as it’s marketing nonsense.

3. BrightFuture

BrightFuture
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your Brand Promise or Business Promise is the key on which your brand is built. It is the expectation that you must live up to every time anyone has contact with your company and its products or services, whether it be through advertising, buying experiences, or encounters with your staff.

Many people think that your logo defines your brand, but the fact of the matter is that your Business Promise is what makes people remember your brand. Your logo is part of your brand identity and is very important but it is the Brand Promise that will influence their buying decisions.

"How can we help you?" is a promise, "Inspired by you" is a promise, "You will never wait in line" is a promise. Promises that you make put your company's reputation on the line and force you to live up to the expectations that you make to your customers. This promise then becomes your mantra to excellence and becomes an attracting force for new business.

4. VITS USA

VITS USA
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A brand promise is the most important aspect of a brand which represents the uniqueness of the brand and this is what the customers remember. We can say brand promise is a statement made by an organization to its customers stating what customers can expect from their product and services. This is in terms of the benefits and experience- the tangible and the intangible, i.e., the value proposition.

5. EliteRoofing

EliteRoofing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Really curious why you find it nonsense. I cannot imagine how you could refute strong brands and their promise for such brands as Nike, Apple, BMW. Being from the UK you might remember Bentley and its brand promise before the company died (I think it died). Yes these are all really big players but a brand promise is a one to one proposition. It does not need to be universal and global. Very interested in what causes you to not believe.

6. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Because most people couldn’t give two hoots about a brand promise. I don’t even know what the Nike’s brand promise is despite buying their products.

I have no problem with a company building brand and delivering a product or service that meets my expectations but a brand promise isn’t worth anything - as it can change to meet market forces.

Google’s brand promise was ‘don’t be evil’. But when that stopped them making money they dropped the whole idea.

7. AdrianG001

AdrianG001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Creating an Brand Promise and practically implementing it is an very crucial task.

It should be no longer than a simple sentence or two. A brand promise is not the same thing as a mission statement, which can often get convoluted with rambling sentences.

An effective brand promise combines the catchiness of a tagline and reinforces it with the essence of the company’s mission.

Tracking your performance and adjusting as per the changing market is necessary.

Regards,
    Adrian