CPA related post is allowed in this forum or not?

Discussion in 'Member Questions, Feedback & Suggestions' started by Orin Khan, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Orin Khan

Orin Khan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Guys,

How are you all? Hope you are all doing good.

I am newbie here. I am reading different threads in this forum and also forum guidelines. But one thing ; i don't know . whether i can post any post related to CPA marketing? Is discussion regarding CPA marketing allowed here or not ? As a newbie i hope to have your valuable comments.

Thanks

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to Backlinko, "Cost Per Action (CPA) Marketing is a marketing compensation model where a commission is paid whenever a user clicks on an affiliate link and takes a specific action (for example: filling out a form, getting a quote, or signing up for a free trial)."
    One of the most well-known forms of CPA Marketing is PTC, or Paid-To-Click. On a PTC website, advertisers pay to have their website or landing page viewed in a browser within the website. Members then view the websites/landing pages, and get paid to do so. Unfortunately, in many cases these websites are created by people who are interested only in making money for themselves, and don't care whether their members make money, so the legitimacy of these websites suffered.
    In a PPC, or Pay-Per-Click, program like Google Adwords, however, members agree to have advertisements shown on their website. When a visitor clicks on one of these advertisements, it is the website owner who gets paid when an advertisement is clicked on, not the visitor. Also, the visitor does not remain on the website where the ad is located, but goes directly to the advertiser's website/landing page.
    Our forum rules do not allow links to, or discussions of, PTC, Paid-To-View, or Paid-To-Read websites. Just to be safe, I think you should avoid posting about any kind of CPA marketing.

#2 Joseph.Shivell, Jun 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  3. BODHost

BODHost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you are confusing PTC and CPA..both are different things altogether. In CPA marketing, you don't get paid when someone clicks on your affiliate link instead you get paid for an action performed on for filling out a form. CPA marketing is part of affiliate marketing. I am sure posts related to affiliate marketing are allowed on this forum. Just so you know, Brian is not someone who indulges in affiliate marketing, he is more of an SEO guru :)

4. Orin Khan

Orin Khan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for your kind reply. If i discuss something about CPA training in this forum will it be allowed or not?

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To answer your question, I refer you back to the last line of my previous post:
    At this point, I would avoid anything having to do with CPA, whether it is marketing, training, websites, or anything else. It appears to be a way for marketers to make money from people, rather than helping them make money. Legitimate marketing techniques do both.

• Like Like x 1