Countries without Railway network.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by prashantakerkar, May 11, 2019.

1. prashantakerkar

prashantakerkar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/countries-without-a-railway-network.html

Is it not interesting to trace those countries which do not have a Railway network as well as the reasons for not having a Railway ?

Is it because of Small area, less population,Snow, economically poor or any other reasons?

Do you feel if any of the above reasons are not there then the Government should built a Railway?

Thanks & Regards,
    Prashant S Akerkar

2. prashantakerkar

prashantakerkar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks.

We have to investigate for each country as why there is not a Railway network constructed there?

The reasons may vary from country to country.

Thanks & Regards,
    Prashant S Akerkar

3. dvduval

dvduval
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When you talk about railway network does that include public transportation? I live in Los Angeles which is renowned for not being a very well-planned City. when you talk about railway network does that include public transportation? I live in Los Angeles which is renowned for not being a very well-planned City. It is possible to use the bus or a train but it can be nearly 100% longer to get to the same destination compared with having a car. I think in recent years centrally planned economies have been able to build Railway much faster because they have the ability to just decide to build one and then they do it. In some more democratic societies there's too many people who want to vote on it and then it never gets done as there's some opposition that cannot be overcome.

4. prashantakerkar

prashantakerkar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

5. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As from Nepal. I feel amazed of not seeing my home country Nepal in the list. Nepal has railways only on the Terai region and not on the Mountain and Himalayan regions. Most of the people of Nepal have not seen rails either as they have to travel to the Terai areas.