Choosing Your Brand Colours - A Beginners Guide

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by Simon Lewington, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Simon Lewington

Simon Lewington
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When starting a new company, there is a seemingly endless list of things to be done. One of those is deciding how you want to present your brand to potential customers.

Your logo and its colours
    Most of the time, you’ll first think about a logo. You may want to have just an icon/picture as your logo. You may want your logo to be your name in a fancy font. There are many ways in which you can have your logos, using different styles for different purposes.

Since a logo is usually the first point of call in brand identity, you always run a risk that you choose your colours before thinking about what works best for your industry while standing out from your competitors. This is why we design most modern logos in a way that gives you an option to use them all black or reversed out on white. This method gives you the power to put your logo on brilliant, striking imagery, helping your brand tell a story.

So remember, the logo shouldn’t rule your brand colours. Think carefully about your colours. If you’re in a rush to get a logo out, keep it black until you have done your research. If you have an existing company with a coloured logo that isn’t working, don’t be afraid to re-brand to colours that work better for you.

I still need inspiration. What else can I try?
    As mentioned before, your brand needs to tell your customers a story about your company. An image can help. That fashionable word “aesthetic” pops up often on social media like Instagram, due to how visual-based the platform is. Try looking at other brands both in and out of your industry, to see what story they are trying to tell you. Do their images have a colour theme?

You can also look at Design Seeds. This site lets you browse images via themes and colours. Those images then have colours “picked” out of them to create a colour scheme. Also useful if you’re looking at redecorating your office space!

2. linneasandel

linneasandel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, you are right. The brand logo is one of the important things which a businessman should add while starting a business and they should first thing about the color. The best color can attract people.

3. anubhav

anubhav
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Before starting your company, think about lots related to logo design, logo color, business schedule and much more. It is the basic things which cannot ignore by anyone. You used that color in your brand logo which you like most because if you like color which give you positive energy every time in your business. Also you concern with the Graphic designer or business experts.

As my favorite color is Blue.... I use this color in future for any work, when i get chance.

4. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Great, but it might be totally the wrong colour for your target customer.

5. anubhav

anubhav
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know that but i have to mix-up with some attractive color and not using totally blue. Its my fav color, but as i share above have to concern with business experts what they suggest me.