Can Instagram be used for small business?

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by Himanshu Kashyap, Mar 2, 2017.

1. AdrianG001

AdrianG001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually, Instagram is the best social media for a small business to promote their services or products.

Because it allows you to enjoy a higher conversion rate.

You know, the people on Instagram always loves to watch new photos, so when you will update a picture of your product, people won’t be bothered by it.

Rather they will show interest and go further to check it out.

Besides, Instagram doesn’t cost a fortune to make the best use of it.

Unlike Facebook, YouTube and Twitter, you can easily promote your services without launching any expensive ad campaign.

All you just have to do is to collect build up your page and collect some followers to it.

And once you have enough followers, you will continue getting further followers through sharing and search results.

So it’s actually effective for a small business.

2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

It can be but that doesn't mean it's going to work for everyone.

3. linneasandel

linneasandel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Instagram can be used for both small and big business but If you are offering products or services then Instagram can be your social platform as you know that people love attractive images. So, now if you think that your business is capable to use Instagram to promote your products then use it without any problems.

4. mike miller

mike miller
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's definitely worth it! So many people are scrolling down instagram for at least an hour for a day. Doing paid promotions can really help even its a small business.

5. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Would it work for an accountant? Or a pharmacy? Or a electrician?

I agree there are some products and services suited to instagram but that doesn’t mean it will work for everyone.

6. Priyanka dwivedi

Priyanka dwivedi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No doubt Instagram is one of the best Social media platforms for promoting your business product and services. It is beneficial for small Sized Business as well as big business. But it totally depends on the nature of your business. Similarly, Each Social media platform has different users.
    There are many social media platforms available, but each platform is different from each other. Some professional services are available on LinkedIn, not on Instagram. Some fashion-related services and products are available on Instagram, not on Linkedin.

You should choose the right platform according to your nature of business.
    Hope this answer helps you.

#106 Priyanka dwivedi, Jun 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  7. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

No it's not. I depends on what you are selling. I you sell concrete fence posts to farmers I doubt instagram will be of much use.

8. JustinC

JustinC
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey, Just because People are marketing their stuff on Instagram aggressively does not mean that you have to back off.
    You can market your things more creatively to help you be better at selling your things.
    And creativity comes with trying more things to solve the marketing problem.
    Yes, Instagram is a strong place to market your small business as well.

9. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

@JustinC - depends on what you are selling. Doesn’t work for me. People don’t look on Instagram for Wordpress plugins

10. Sarbjit Grewal

Sarbjit Grewal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If we talk about the current marketing strategies, then Instagram contributes the major part in it. Instagram is the best approach for the social marketing where you can share images and videos with the customer by providing the links in the bio. Best platform to engage more public for your business.

11. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

@Sarbjit Grewal - it depends on the business. If you are a lawyer dealing with commercial law I doubt instagram will be much use.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ash Grover

Ash Grover
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is really a good platform for lifestyle related products, fashion etc.You just need to grow your fan following and be original with the content you post. Don't stop improving your product as the quality of product will fetch you customer loyalty and followers.

13. satineeraj

satineeraj
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think yes, Instagram plays a very important role for the small and medium business, It gives more benefit for both online and offline business, for this user may post the good quality of the images, that will interact the customers. but this gives more benefit if the user has maximum Instagram followers,

14. jeffmax1

jeffmax1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm also running an Instagram page to sale the products but I want to know any tips or guidance on how to get original followers although I'm still running an ad campaign or per post promotion but didn't get too many followers as most people click the ADs and land on my profile page but didn't follow. Any quick suggestions regarding the Instagram campaign strategies??

15. Cosmo Films NZ

Cosmo Films NZ
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Using Instagram for small businesses is a powerful technique to expand your company. With Instagram, you can reach new customers, stay connected to your existing ones, and even make sales on this app, which makes it the perfect platform for promoting your small business.

16. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

How well is it working for you? Are you getting lots of good leads from Instagram? Are those leads converting?

17. flowerseli

flowerseli
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In the event that you resemble offering items than administrations, at that point, Instagram can be your social stage. I've known several organizations that are fruitful in getting orders from Instagram. As you most likely are aware individuals love pictures and on the off chance that you think you are fit for showcasing your items on Instagram, at that point do it decisively.

#117 flowerseli, Nov 19, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2020
  18. My Accounting Lab

My Accounting Lab
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Instagram is really impressive social media to increase a business visibility. Now a days, we can run paid advertising to get more sales.

19. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

How well is this working for you accounting business?

20. Retinodes

Retinodes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes Absolutely, Instagram has become the biggest Platform after Facebook for advertising any business. You can easily promote your products, services Like any Retail, E-commerce, Travel, Banking, Hospitality, etc. on Instagram. You can target any audience by following them or using hashtags, so Instagram is the best advertising medium.