Can Instagram be used for small business?

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by Himanshu Kashyap, Mar 2, 2017.

1. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

How well is this working for you when compared to other marketing methods?

2. Gabriel Hall

Gabriel Hall
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my opinion, Instagram is a tricky one with marketing, look at 'Hi Smile' they basically built their brand on Instagram by hiring Instagram models and influencers to promote their products.

But, Facebook and Twitter is much better for marketing and reach.

• Like Like x 1
  3. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Indeed. It wasn't free marketing.

Instagram has it's uses but it is difficult to convert into sales. A lot depends on what you are selling and to whom.

4. Gabriel Hall

Gabriel Hall
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My point was, Instagram shouldn't be used as Facebook is used for adverts (depending on the product, and like you said, whom) it's better to use influencers on Instagram.

However, if you're trying to market on Instagram you'd probably want to reach the younger demographic.

5. overcast

overcast
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have seen many people getting on instagram for promoting their product and also their store.

6. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Yes, along with thousands of others all doing the same. It just means your feed get lost in all the noise and clutter.

7. John G. Anai

John G. Anai
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, why not. You can use instagram for small scale business also.

8. Adira

Adira
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually, it depends on the nature of your business. If your business is product-based and you have images and videos to share, it can be really good. Instagram can also be used for branding. The number of followers is increasing day by day, so it is in trend. That's why it is quite easy to find your potential customers here.

9. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

So this is just conjecture. You aren't actually doing this for your business. Which makes your suggestion irrelevant.
    The opposite it true. It's becoming increasing difficult to find potential customers. Just like other SM platforms, there is now far too much competition.

10. Business Loan Leads

Business Loan Leads
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms, and every small business should consider using the platform

11. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Why?

I build Wordpress plugins, how is Instagram going to help?

You do business loans, how does Instagram help your business?

• Like Like x 1
  12. digvijaybook

digvijaybook
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes it can be used, also it depends upon the niche which you are going to promote means the type of business.
    Using hashtag in Instagram is a good method to promote it. Hashtags are what makes your photos visible among the audiences. Instead of using hashtags, your photos would just remain private. It is effective tool which can be used in creating followers for your brand. But you must ensure that you use hashtags that are related to the post or images being published in Instagram.

13. Wifi Wealth Empire

Wifi Wealth Empire
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Instagram is one of the best platform to drive traffic to a new business. Especially in the eCommerce space. I have been able to create a lot of businesses through Instagram. Whether it be flipping Instagram accounts, building up theme pages and then promoting my own eCommerce store. There are so many stuff you can do on Instagram as it related to business. It is definitely worth the time to promote your business on Instagram.

14. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

It depends on the business. It will not work for everyone. If you sell hand made bobble hats then it can be a good source of traffic. If you sell bags of cement not so.

15. cmsminds

cmsminds
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As you said it depend on the business, yes it indeed. Competition is everywhere, so, you should not say the below lines.

Where you don't find competition nowadays? On Google Organic and Google Ads, you would find even more competition than on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. So, based on your business model, yes it is good to use any social media platform for advertising. The only thing is, you should have a close look at it and it should generate good ROI for your business. That's it.

16. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

I get leads from all sorts of sources. The products I sell are not suited for SMM. I’ve had people say they can get me qualified leads from SM but none have succeeded. If it works for you that’s great, but it’s not going to be right for everyone.

It is worth pointing out that I’ve found a niche where there is zero competition.

17. cmsminds

cmsminds
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's what I am saying too. Some niche get benefits from one activity while others do not, So, please give your neutral opinion. Something doesn't work for you doesn't mean it will not work for anyone.

18. Amit Aggarwal

Amit Aggarwal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can definitely use Instagram for your small business - regardless of your niche or domain. Instagram literally has millions of people. And many of them have interests and requirements for your services. So you can easily reach them through Instagram.

19. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

You MAY be able to use Instagram for your small business. Each business is different, what works for one may not work for another.

If you provide legal services to the Nuclear industry I doubt Instagram will be much use. But if you sell cute clothes for dogs then Instagram my be the perfect platform.

20. jam soft

jam soft
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, Instagrqm can be used for small businesses but it depends on how much social you are and how many people following you on instagram.