Can Instagram be used for small business?

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by Himanshu Kashyap, Mar 2, 2017.

1. MichelleAlese

MichelleAlese
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Instagram is definitely a great platform for small businesses that offer products. Depending on the audience that you're trying to reach, Instagram will be excellent for posting engaging visuals and short videos. Since your messages will be brief, make sure you create content that is engaging and interactive. Be wary of overusing hashtags and I recommend conducting outreach with additional businesses within the same community.

2. Julia Ann

Julia Ann
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think yes Instagram can be used for a small business as I know, There are some great point in Instagram for doing a good small Business.

1. Instagram Shoutout - Promotion is need on every social media, As Instagram is good for shoutout & shoutout can give a change to buy money on Instagram. There many Instagram accounts those have huge followers and they offer shoutout for normal peoples to boost their Business.

2. Buy & Sell Instagram Followers - Another things is also a good point in Instagram. Peoples are selling Instagram Followers, likes, comments & earning money.

These are the points those tell Instagram can be use for small Business.

3. akiinn

akiinn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As with every case, it strongly depends on the business you're in and the product you offer. Generally speaking, yes, very useful (images create a wider impact than words).

4. pooja joshi

pooja joshi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nowadays, Instagram has become an essential element of social media marketing for business. In fact, businesses using it saw a 93% growth month-over-month in 2014.
    Whereas personal profiles are all about the basics, with Instagram business profiles users get access to a ton of advanced features, like contact information, Instagram Insights, and promoted posts. One of Instagram’s best business features, Insights is the app’s built-in analytics tool that provides detailed information on who your followers are, when they’re online, and more. You can also see Insights for specific Instagram posts and Stories to see how they performed and how people are engaging with them.

5. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

It's not essential. It depends very much on what you are selling. And if you are a service provider the ROI is very poor.

6. Jacob Hawkins

Jacob Hawkins
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depend on what type of Business you doing on Instagram, If you are start product based business like shoes, dresses, or watches that will be okay. you can sell your stuff online and make lots of follower for successful business.

7. Olivia Caitlin

Olivia Caitlin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes you can use Instagram for business awareness. It is very helpful for showing product and creating awareness about your brand. It's good for marketing point of view.

8. Levi Perry

Levi Perry
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I believe that what ever social network you decide to use, whether it be Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, etc you must use which ever one plays to your strengths. Instagram is great if you are into photography and maybe have a cooking business or blog. Im not saying it can't be used for other purposes. I see a lot of people building their own public figures on Instagram because it allows people to get a glimpse of someone's life through their photos. To answer your question, Instagram can definitely be used for small business.

9. Jacob Wallace

Jacob Wallace
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Definitely instagram makes help to your business for promotion of your brand undoubtedly. If you go with paid service you can expect 1% of the chance from instagram. I would like to suggest you to try once and see.

10. Nicole Adam

Nicole Adam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends upon your business, if you have services for a city or national level then it is very useful now a days but if you are doing something like a shop etc then it would not help more.

11. Smith-K

Smith-K
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You certainly can use Instagram for small businesses!

I see a lot of infuencers providing shoutouts but make sure to check their audience as there are a lot of fake providers in the market.

12. rachelpatel

rachelpatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, Instagram is a very powerful platform for small business. Instagram also start paid advertisement for the business. You can reach new customers, build brand awareness, give update upcoming service/products. which makes it the perfect platform for marketing your small business.

13. abdulkaddir

abdulkaddir
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Instagram does work well for business both large and small. It even depends on the product.

14. Pratik_ITpro

Pratik_ITpro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Services also can be offered. I do that for my Web & Mobile App Development Business

Post the services
    Testimonials
    Project starting/ending
    Company portfolio
    Celebration inside the company
    Relationship with client

Many more to add...

15. Pratik_ITpro

Pratik_ITpro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, use proper information, market segment, #tags, post 3 times a day, make proper strategy that works as per your objective

16. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Does it work?

How effective is it compared to other marketing methods?

PS: I provide a service and have zero social anything and I'm so busy I have to turn away work.

17. Pratik_ITpro

Pratik_ITpro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I
    Indirectly, it works and some of business I got from there only... So i would say that it is smart move to not drop it but use it.

18. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Or...

Drop it and use the methods that are more effective. I prefer to use marketing methods that don't need constant attention. I just set them running and wait for the leads.

19. VITS USA

VITS USA
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, you can because it is more helpful to target your customer through social media. You know very well about your customers means how to reach from more people and connect with them.

And there is no specific rule in digital marketing which you have to follow, it depends on your analysis and the way of marketing.