Building my website

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by RestOwner, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Astrid2

Astrid2
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can you tell us more about the sites you are gonna build, since there are various websites, the function between one and other are different, if you just wanna have a blog with your name on it +tld(.com) i suggest you to just CMS like Wordpress. there are so many hosting provider served one click installer so you can just get your sites installed wordpress.

2. aframalik

aframalik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you just started web designing or making a mind of creating a website then you first learn designing and development.

build you skills in both areas that will help you making a website.

3. Jumpline

Jumpline
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When selecting cheap website hosting, be sure that the web host provider is trustworthy. Try to ask around people about their perceptions on the web host company. What they can say about it?

4. methewcostner

methewcostner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey Nice that you want to build your own website!
    There are so many types of CMS available to create the website easily like WordPress, Joomla, Magento, Drupal, E107, Woo commerce, Virtue Mart etc. etc. You choose one of them.

I used the Drupal platform to my website and create my own themes and templates with the help of TemplateToaster software.TemplateToaster works on all CMS platforms. You also can try this, Best of Luck . http://templatetoaster.com/

5. aziz32882

aziz32882
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Using wordpress.

6. shellhatch

shellhatch
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Get TemplateToaster. You will be able to make yourself website in two ways with this software. Either, you can make website, or you can use it to make theme. Theme will be useful to you if you would choose to make website on CMS. Mostly WordPress is used as CMS for developing websites.

7. marclewis

marclewis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is a option of dreamweaver for coding. You can use wordpress for website creation as it is the best platform which is easy as well as have tools and widgets that helps to add various functions to your website.

8. andrewc

andrewc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are similar editors like Dreamweaver that are free to use like CoffeCup. Also, you can go to Codecademy to learn about HTML and CSS. It would probably be ideal to know about at least those two languages.

9. Taboo

Taboo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To become more web host–oriented read independent web hosting reviews that are known to be of high quality and the most up-to-date. They contain information regarding affordable web hosting firms.

10. rourkem

rourkem
    uix_expand uix_collapse

HG from what I know has this Site Builder. From what I know, you can easily create and also update your site. You need to sign up with them though. I suggest going for the lowest plan first.

11. WilliamChen

WilliamChen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's really good, you are trying to build your own website. First thing you should be clear for what you are trying to build it, if it is clear then easy to initiate it. Make it simply and don't try to do it complicated because you are totally new. Follow the protocols and do things step by steps.

12. john14

john14
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A website is the first step towards making a great online presence so it is better to start a website as soon as possible, and there so many options for building a website like outsource the work, hire an agency but if you want to create your own then you need some training as well, Wordpress, PHP and .Net all can be used for developing a website

13. Adelina

Adelina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you want to use a content management system, then I would recommend you to use WordPress, and if you want to use particular software then I would recommend you to use TemplateToaster, Arty, WIX etc.

14. knobbychees

knobbychees
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best place to search for affordable web site hosting plans is the internet itself.
    In this kind of tight spot, it is good to evaluate well the web hosting providers.

15. abidasaalim

abidasaalim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Dreamweaver + adobe Photoshop both tools necessary and help to make website design

16. IrekJanek

IrekJanek
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The so called platform (e.g. Wordpress, Squarespace, Blogger etc.) in my opinion should be asked a little later in the process. Do you have a topic for your site yet? Did you research your keywords and competition? Do you have a "wireframe" of what your site should look like? Chances are that while you research the aspects that I just mentioned, you will have a better idea of what you expect from your site hosting and that in turn should make the selection easier.

17. Adelina

Adelina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You may use a web designing software, TemplateToaster. It is easy to use and understand. You can design your own website without having to write a single line of code. You may try its free trial version and after getting satisfaction you may buy its full version.

18. sophiemccallum

sophiemccallum
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hiiiii ... I recommend you to use TemplateToaster for building your Website. This tool provides many advanced features like bootstrap3 , responsive design, drag and drop and more .The TemplateToaster has made it possible for designers to develop themes by providing the facility of the GUI where designer just needs to design the themes, and at the back-end TemplateToaster itself generates source code of the theme.

19. Jybrael

Jybrael
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would honestly suggest wordpress a lot of hosting services allow you to install it and then you can upload a theme easily customize it and build your website for you...without much of a hassle..there are plenty of tutorials out there that can teach you a lot about wordpress mate.

20. kanesimicart Tran

kanesimicart Tran
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yead !
    Dreamweaver + adobe Photoshop both tools necessary and help to make website design.
    And you can create mobile apps for your magento website - > Read More : Simicart.com.