Brand Name

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by aboud, Aug 30, 2017.

1. aboud

aboud
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello guys

Im starting with an online business, selling fabrics, lamps, canvas prints, printed cushions, curtains, carpets, and expanding to printed garments in a year time. However, i cant figure out any name for the business. I live in Egypt so i want something catchy, classy, easy, artistic, design related. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I had a mail order gift business several years ago and needed to give it a name. I am Caucasian, and my last name, with a totally different spelling, is the French word for a particular animal. Put them together, and I had a name: Pale Horse Gifts. You have several different items, so you would need to determine one word to describe all of them. Then think of one or more things that describe you, or perhaps an interest you may have, and use that to come up with a name.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Brooke Harper

Brooke Harper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with Joseph, you think of something that means a lot to you or something related to your products. I've noticed that most of your products have something to do with designing a place like a home or an office. Try words related to those, you may find something that'll sound catchy to you.

4. radwebhosting

radwebhosting
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For inspiration, I like to peruse Namepros forum and flippa, as you can often find a wide array of catchy names for branding, or at least come away with some ideas

5. Icando

Icando
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am agree with Joseph but not fully yes you should choose a name which describe your all products but you can also choose name out of context it can be attractive also and it can be on founder's or Inventor's name.

• Like Like x 1
  6. allcitycleaning

allcitycleaning
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Whatever you do consider that the name should be short and memorable. It should be easy to spell. It should be relatively unique when doing a web search. Don't pick something like "Colorful Fabrics" or you will get lost. My company is All City Cleaning Services and I wish it were different!

Julia

• Like Like x 1
  7. f_rebolledo

f_rebolledo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The name should say what you do or sell in a clever way, for example, the name of where I work is "pocatinta", in english "little bit ink", and it is a marketing digital company, that will help you use less ink but more digital tools. You should try like "modern eyes" or something that describes the style of your products!
    Good luck!

• Like Like x 1