Brand consistency in marketing materials

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Andrew Zolotukhin, Apr 17, 2019.

?

Do you think this is something that companies need?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Andrew Zolotukhin

Andrew Zolotukhin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello!

I’m just wondering which software do you use to keep a consistency of marketing materials through multiple offices and marketing campaigns?

Let’s say you have an agency with bunch of offices and employees in these offices sometimes need to create some kind of marketing material (it could be for both printing or digital media purposes) based on predefined templates. This template should be brand consistent and it is something that should be created in the main office of the company, for example by marketing department.

By Brand Consistency I mean a correspondence of template with company brand guidelines (correct brand colors, fonts, font sizes, brand elements, etc.) Let’s say it is business card or printing ad. Employee can open a template and change some fields like name, address, email, etc. But he will not be able to change a general layout of business card or ad. Then he can save it as picture or print it.

It should save a lot of time and money multi-office organizations like real estate agencies or companies that give franchising opportunities for their customers and have to make sure that everybody who has bought franchise use the same branding rules in their marketing campaigns and materials.

I’m asking because I have my own desktop publishing instrument which now is used for other purposes but can be adopted to solve this problem. I already support majority of features I described above (custom editing, high resolution documents, layout locking, brand font upload, etc.). I still don’t have a possibility to create a template library, but that wasn’t our original goal, as we initially developed it for other purposes.

Now we’re in search of a niche where it can be used to solve some real life problems and that’s why I’m writing this post. Probably you have some problem in your business where this tool can be used.

I have a feeling that it will be very useful for a lot of businesses but it would be great to get feedback from people and know what does actual business owners think about that.

It would be great to know your opinion about it, may be your businesses have such problems, or you already use some software to solve it.

2. Frank Paradon

Frank Paradon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most large corporations (and some small to midsize businesses, too) create brand style and usage guidelines to ensure all messaging and brand asset use is on-point and consistent. These guides not only help the marketing department, but they also serve as guides to other employees and departments.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Andrew Zolotukhin

Andrew Zolotukhin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for response. I know that big companies pay attention to brand rules and styles. But the main question is what software does they use to maintain brand consistency? I mean how they store templates? What if template is done by professional software like Adobe Illustrator, but it need to be changed by some employee who is not very familiar with it. Let's imagine that designer designed a template for business card and you hire some person to one of the offices, so manager (or somebody responsible) need to create a business cart for this person. As I unerstand normal workflow will be to ask designer to change texts and provide ready to print template. If you have a lot of offices and a lot of people you will need to keep an army of designers who will basically only update business card (not necessarilly business cards, there cold be a lot of different documents that should be printed relatively often but at the same it should be brand consistent) templates.
    That's how I see the problem (please let me know if I see it wrong).
    My idea is to create an application based on my vector editor and desktop publishing tool. Which will help enterprises to keep their template library in one place. They will assign rights to users (which department or office can access which groups of templates). Designer will work on templates and specify rules, like:
    1. Lock elements movement on layout
    2. Lock element color
    3. Providing of some brand snippets
    4. Providing of brand color pallete (could be even in CMYK color space) so it will look at the print correctly
    5. Providing of brand fonts and font sizes,
    5. etc. (there could be a lot of use cases, I believe).

What I'm trying to understand now is:
    1. Does big/mid size companies have this problem?
    2. If they do, how do they solve it? What are existing solutions? Which software do they use?
    3. Which requirements do they have to this kind of system?
    4. Do they need it to be integrated to their existing systems like DAM systems, CRM, Active Directory, etc.

Thank You again for your answer.

4. Khushboo Khurana

Khushboo Khurana
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Every company will stand up with there strong marketing plans and ideas. A startup company make their brand with strong execution plans.

5. overcast

overcast
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know companies like atlassian, canonical even have the marketing and design documents as per that they write and the hold document for the company marketing and design campaigns and PPC campaigns.

6. desraj

desraj
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i agree with above answers