Bookkeeping finding new customers

Discussion in 'Business Ideas' started by Fordette, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Fordette

Fordette
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi
    I am a bookkeeper in New Zealand and I would like some ideas about how to get new clients.
    I am also a partner and consultant of MYOB and I want to target new startup businesses.

Thanks

2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

HI,

Startups don't need (and often can't afford) bookkeepers. It's only once they become established they realise they can't do it all themselves.

However, if you want new clients you can advertise (Google, FB, banner ads etc), join communities where startups hang out and offer free advice, cold call, buy email lists, pick up the phone and ask or be #1 on Google. In other word, develop a marketing plan with a realistic budget.

3. Fordette

Fordette
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ok thanks that is helpful. I am also looking to do the Xero training to become certified because I use that software as well. Xero don't offer phone support so I wonder if some of the budget I could use for an 0800 phone service so I can provide people with some free support that way. I know a lot of uses keep asking Xero for phone support but they don't provide it.

4. VITS USA

VITS USA
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can focus on paid ads on Google AdWords, Facebook and Linkedin platforms which will help you to target new startup business, and to find those people who have required your services.