Best ways to save money

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by KeithM., Jun 12, 2010.

1. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, it's been like 6-7 years since I graduated high school. ^^a

2. td2011

td2011
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes I completely understand your point. People work so hard it's nice to treat yourself occasionally.

3. victor rock

victor rock
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Near to me fix deposit in bank is super best way to save money

4. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's personally very hard for me to save money. The one way I do it is buying doing extra ventures online, keeping that money in my PayPal (Savings) and using my normal work money to pay for bills and living expenses. Only way I've found myself able to control some sort of savings, other than my 401k plan of course built in from my work. I feel that does not count though.

5. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agreed that many people have some problem. Anyway, at least you have some saving on your paypal account

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'd suggest that you start with saving just 1% of all money you receive. Put it somewhere and be disciplined enough not to touch it. What's even more important here than the amount of money you save, is getting into the discipline and habit of saving. You will still have 99% of everything you receive to go towards your expenses and leisure activity, nights out, hobbies, etc. Ad time goes on, you can begin to increase the percentage of what you save.

7. Joel

Joel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Saving money? Don't buy useless stuffs. That's the best advice you can ever take.

8. Hulbert Lee

Hulbert Lee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To save money, instead of using credit card, use debit card or cash. In addition, write down how much money you spend per day so you can be more aware of your money-spending habits.

9. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's what I've been doing with my 401k plan, gradually increasing the %. But that is a good idea, I'll also start implementing this on my checks.

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That's a very useful tip, it is so easy to waste money when you have it. I've a lot less money now than what I had three years ago. When I see how much less I can live on now, it makes me wonder where all the money went that I had in the past. Next time I have money I'm going to be a lot more careful about how I look after it.

11. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Save money just in general? You can use coupons when buying anything. Search for them online or in newspapers and use them when you shop.
    You can buy a more generic brand of whatever you purchase. Look at the ingredients. 99% of the time the name brand and the generic brand use the same exact ingredients.

• Like Like x 1
  12. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know we have different opinions which one is "useless". What's yours?

13. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Checking the ingredients is an excellent suggestion, many generic brands come the same factories that produce the branded equivalent.

14. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree. This kind of method is a standard method for us to indicate which area we spend the money and find out which is called as unnecessary product or spend. Then, control it in future to save the money

15. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Don't even try to bring those credit and debit cards along when shopping so you won't even try to withdraw funds from it.

16. Carl

Carl
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Indeed you can only spend what you have!

17. brandy

brandy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are kidded just open bank accounts for your kids and save for them every time you earn. Also put some money in some business that way you can save much and still be getting large amounts of money.

18. td2011

td2011
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's frightening to think back at past spending habits and think of what you could've done with your hard earned cash instead. It's too depressing to think about sometimes. Live and learn I suppose

19. Haydendiego

Haydendiego
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Best way to save money is not to spend money on unnecessary things. In today's world savings hold prime importance. Today's saving can secure our better tomorrow. Saving of money day by day becomes hard due to rising prices in the commodity of the daily use.

20. aiyz

aiyz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To save money in business especially, you must reduce your variable expenses, keep a close watch on energy consumption, get creative and recycle. Establish a personal budget, don't carry excessive debt and shop wisely are also important and useful ideas.