Best ways to save money

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by KeithM., Jun 12, 2010.

1. janegreen

janegreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Re:

I think so ,too . I just do that way. It's time for us to think about the way we spend on money.

2. denial

denial
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best way to save you money is to keep a constant track of expenses. It is advisable that you do budgetary planning every month.

3. Denis Frank

Denis Frank
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have fixed order to my bank that they deposit an X amount into another account every month. Money from that acount is invested. Once that amount is out of the way, I take care of busines expenses and spend the remaining amount (which is actually very little) on my own small luxuries. That way, expenses, savings and splurging are all taken care of.

4. JezC

JezC
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, there's some really good ideas on this blog, but the best and often most overlooked way for your business to save money is through tax planning. Most businesses lose a whole chunk of their profits through tax so it makes sense that minimizing that would go a long way in achieving that.
    I’ve found tax planning and advisory to be best done by smaller boutique firms that give you a really personal evaluation and assessment of your financial flows, and there are a range of experts that can help with this.

Experts like Martin Cavegn, Thomas Wegmuller, Urs Meisterhans, Livio Conz and Franz Steiner are the kinds of people you want on your account.

Wegmuller and Urs Meisterhans have extensive experience in this area and are expecially good, but really, this are in general should be able to save your company by structuring your spending in the right way.

5. antigonedd

antigonedd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with you. Saving money is still the best way to start a business and start a business is the best way to save money. :)

6. stevemcqueen

stevemcqueen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

antigonedd - I agree. saving money is always a key step. However, sometimes, you do need a bit support with budgeting and financial plannig. You know, someone has to be on your case a bit to make sure that those savings are made. also, it can be good to have someone look over your finances to check if you can cut expenses a bit...

JezC - I'm like you. I have used some of the big guys for my financial planning, restructuring etc but I hate the lack of a personal connection. I'm based in Geneva at the moment, and would like to use a planner with local knowledge. Do you know if Wegmuller or Urs Meisterhans located close by? I'm willing to travel domestically!

7. ecombiz1

ecombiz1
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

saving account in bank is best option to save money.

8. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is the worst way, imaging you are saving 100k in bank, you are getting 1.5% interest annually, mean you gain 1.5k per year. At the same time, you make your house loan 100k from bank, you are paying 5% interest annually which is 5k.
    See, you are losing 3.5k annually

9. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Whenever I get my salary,I usually save my money and I will save it from my bank account,In that case my money will increase.

10. Henry_Jakson

Henry_Jakson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best way to save you money is to keep a constant track of expenses. It is advisable that you do budgetary planning every month.

11. td2011

td2011
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If I had enough of the stuff I would try to save it! I agree there are better ways to save money than to put into a savings account held by the bank. Some good general advice on this thread. Some good ideas for budgeting and tax planning. I'm inspired!

12. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's a good way but not really the best.
    Better not spend your hard earned money on unnecessary things like vices. You'll surely save a couple of bucks each month.

13. An Alien

An Alien
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Have self control. Lol, I was always the kid that looked at all the other kids with their cool new video games and toys dreaming that someday I would have them. But that never happened and so I'm used to not getting everything or not being spoiled. I look at things and ask my self, do I really NEED (Notice I said need, not WANT) this. It's all about self control. Just practice it. Don't spoil yourself and get addicted to shopping.

• Like Like x 1
  14. James Greg

James Greg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Keeping your money in a bank is a good way of saving money but the best way is to invest it in something worthwhile because it not only keeps your money safe but also grows with time. Like invest in gold, after some time maybe a year or so it will be worth more than you actually purchased it. Keeping in a bank is...well you can always use the ATM machine. ;-)

15. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's why there's time deposit accounts. ;)

16. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you mean fixed deposit, right?

17. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yep. And you can't withdraw it until a certain time span comes.

18. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

not true, you can still withdraw the money, just they take penalize on the interest.
    or saying you can withdraw them without interest if not yet reach the period

19. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, I know there are banks who have strict policies on this one.

20. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Really? which bank? All the bank in my country dont have such rules, it seems not reasonable not let the owner withdraw the money