Best ways to save money

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by KeithM., Jun 12, 2010.

1. BizDoc

BizDoc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Best way to save money I've found

He's referring to the time value of money because inflation eats away value. So you don't want to stick money in a non-interest bearing account or stuff it in the mattress.

However, you can keep better pace with inflation if you put your money in low-risk instruments like money market, CD, other fixed income/bond accounts. If you know what you're doing you can add index funds (I personally think mutual funds are a ripoff but YMMV) and equities. Then you'll keep pace with inflation.

Best way to save money I've found: have it removed automatically from your check and whisked away into a savings account. Use a money market or if you're sophisticated a stock or DRIP. Don't look at it and don't think about it. Pretend it doesn't exist except for every year when you rebalance your portfolio. You can accumulate a tidy sum this way.

Regards,
    Chris
    the Business Doctor
    bizmd AT emailias.com

2. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just think twice before using your money because it also prevents you from spending your money anyhow. And only use money when you are in urgent situation/needs. Example, you have 100 dollars in your paypal and it is only for your business use so you would not use the 100 dollars to go and buy your personal stuff right? You can also use GekiDan method.

3. pixelbob

pixelbob
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Correct, always think twice before you spend your money. Always think if it is necessary to spend your money on it or is there a return of investment. There is a big difference between needs and want.

4. Mountain Man

Mountain Man
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually money saved is better than money earned. If you earn $1000, your spending power is really only $500-$800 because you first pay tax on the earned money. If you save $1000 this is before tax.
    We spend a lot of money on things we don't need. Decide what is important and what is not. A budget is a great idea. If you use a laundry mat is the dryer wasted money? You could take your clothes home and dry them over a chair, but then you have wasted time which could have been used somewhere else.

5. WebWizard

WebWizard
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Save money by avoiding the middle man as much as possible :p goto the source & work a deal! The economy now allows you to bargin more then ever, get in touch with the right person & experience the savings. Network Network Network people!!!!!!

6. FunPromo

FunPromo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can set up a weekly meeting with your employees. Have them come up with one idea on how you can save money and/ or be more efficient. Its a great idea because everyone thinks differently so you will actually generate some great ideas!

7. agentmanningctu

agentmanningctu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Stop spending money on useless things. Only buy what you need.

8. WebWizard

WebWizard
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do alot of buying in the online marketplace, so regardless lookout for promotional codes, coupons or discounts with certain vendors rather online or not, every dollar saved add's up :)

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That's a actually a very good point, if you are registering a domain name, buying hosting or a script, you should always search for coupon codes before completing your purchase. I recently purchased a script and managed to save 25% of the cost price, just by doing a quick search on Google for a coupon code. If you see a field for coupon / discount / promotional code in any shopping cart, search the web for some codes and try entering them to see if you can get a discount.

10. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I tried to do that when I bought off something from an online shop.
    Unfortunately, the coupons sites don't have any working coupons avaialble. I tried everywhere and still no luck. :(

Luckily, I still got some earnings as their affiliate so I used it and good news, I saved at least $14 on my purchase. :D

11. WebWizard

WebWizard
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Saving Money is key for any business so you don't lose potential coverage, consumer support or profit :) Afew dollars here & there add up, I own many many domains that saves me $100s yearly lol. Make sure you capitalize on any available resource!

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

How do you save money by owning domains?

13. rapidbilling

rapidbilling
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ways to save money

That's really good. I APPRECIATE YOU FOR YOUR THIS THOUGHT.

By the way, there are lot of ways to save money, but if you follow these then also you are able to much enough money. :rolleyes:

• Just use public transportation, if possible, this will save your money of petrol and it is also useful to reduce pollution.
    • If the place is near then go by foot and don't use vehicle, these is like one kind of jogging and also beneficial for health.
    • When you go to market , just purchase the grocery and fruit and vegetables for a week whole.
    • Avoid the junk food and drinks of restaurants and hotels.
    • And deposit some amount of your pocket money or from your salary or income in your bank account or in some saving scheme.
    This will save your lots of money. :D

14. MichaelSullivan

MichaelSullivan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How to Save Money?

There are many articles written on how to save money but I'd like to know specifically from the members here on how they try to save money? Do you think it's of necessity? Is it fun just to spend all the money you worked for?

15. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member