Best Way to Market an E-commerce Website

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by superjohn4455, Jan 10, 2018.

1. superjohn4455

superjohn4455
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, I am getting ready to launch my site full fledge. I've already starting with the marketing, with just articles so far. I've noticed my competitors don't run ads on Adwords. My website is very niche based could that be why? I'm also wondering what are the best ways to promote my site?
    The prices for my products are very sensitive. so all my competitors charge relatively the same, how do i get customers to buy from my store? Free shipping isn't an option.
    Any and all of ur ideas would greatly appreciated!
    Thanks.

#1 superjohn4455, Jan 10, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2018
  2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

It all depends on the site.

Don't bother with article marketing, this isn't a useful use of your time and will have little benefit.

Adwords can be very lucrative for the right products and services.

If your competitors are well established you may struggle to get customers to switch. But everything is possible. To advise more we need to see the site to know what you are selling.

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First, it's not necessary to separate each sentence into a new paragraph. I've tried to combine related sentences into a single paragraph, to organize your thoughts a little better It's also advisable to ask one question per thread, rather than jumping all over the place. Now I'll address your questions.
    What have you done with the articles once you write them? Are you putting them in places where interested people are likely to read them, or are you just going to article submission sites. Are you promoting the articles at all? As far as Adwords, without knowing the niche it's hard to say why your competitors do not use it, or whether you should. The same thing applies to the best way to promote your site. Is your product/service seasonal in nature? If so, SEO may not be the best option, since SEO is a year-round promotion method, where Adwords ads can be stopped and started again whenever necessary.

4. Ronik patel

Ronik patel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey! first of all congrates for your business. Buddy we have lots of competition almost in every area that doesn't mean we feared about our competitor. You should go and try those marketing tectics which are relevant to your product. As of opinion whatever be the product social media is best way to promote and get atleast relevant traffic.

5. Olivia Caitlin

Olivia Caitlin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well there are several ways by which you can market your website. But first of all you need to know who are your target audience. Once you know where you want to focus then strategise you marketing campaign according to your target audience.
    1. social media; social media is a powerful tool which help you connect with your audience. you can also sell your items directly on it but making a good relation and building trust is highly important.

2. Promotional items; Promote your website using promotional items. the items should represent your business and it helps them remind your business.

3. Sponsorship: Sponsoring a event, Party or any social activity will give your business a great visibility. These events put you in front of the people and it helps in promoting your business.

6. onlinesocialweb

onlinesocialweb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I prefer to use Facebook Advertising with Targeting correct audience.
    I have been helping my clients to achieve great results for E-Commerce website via Facebook Advertising.
    Try to use the FB tools for your research

• Like Like x 1
  7. Emily Lee

Emily Lee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I totally agree with this. Facebook and instagram can be a really good combination if you have a suitable audiences.

8. Falguni Ganatra

Falguni Ganatra
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you need to hire a digital marketing expert who have a good command on CRO(conversion optimization). You may get better idea about CRO from Wikipedia as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conversion_rate_optimization

9. Tushar Singh Manhas

Tushar Singh Manhas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No matter how good your product is, if you do not market it correctly, you may as well sit around with your eyes blindfolded. This is why you must lay all your focus on marketing your ecommerce marketplace.

Here are things which you need to consider when you are looking for marketing of Ecommerce website :-

Be on multiple social media platforms

Create unique content
    Increase brand awareness
    Create a catchy logo
    Talk to your customers and get to know their needs
    Think of ways to put your customer on a pedestal
    Learn to recover abandoned carts
    Increase your average order value of the cart
    Make sure you have upsell and cross sell offers
    Market your store beyond ads
    Always have retargeting ads running
    Add your discount codes to a discount code site
    Create a loyalty program
    Build out your email list
    Occasionally send a newsletter
    Include a membership program
    Think like a customer and a seller
    Set SMART goals
    Don’t hesitate on going all out
    Have variable commission rates based on categories

10. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

I disagree with most of your list.

If you sell concrete fence post very few of your suggestions apply.

11. VITS USA

VITS USA
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Before promote your business you should know who is your customers, how they will search your products or services, which type of keywords user can use to find you on the internet etc.…you should analyze in first level.
    Promote your website blogs that will help you to bring more traffic on your website.
    Target all those topics which is related to your business because it will help you for your brand promotion.
    Business strategies always change, so it is just an idea which you can implement in your website.

12. aliro

aliro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1). Advertisements:-Facebook Ads, google ads will help you to promote your website by share updates of your website and your product's features or images on Facebook via posts on your store’s social media page.. Facebook Ads are another way that allows you to target unbelievably specific audiences who are more likely to buy your products.

2.) Blogs:- There must be blogs provided for your store description that give your target users as well as existing users the overall scenario of your store. Blogs are the most convenient way to understand the whole system easily. There must be blogs for every topic. Write blogs for every topic related to your store and post links in blogs for the specific items you sell or the link of your store in general. The content of the blogs must be very relevant and precise.

3.) Cross marketing:- If you promote your store in different horizons, you must start cross-marketing and sell your products on the different marketplaces according to your needs, such as Amazon, eBay, Wish, Walmart, Sears, Fruugo, Bonanza, Etsy, Jet and many more. These are some marketplaces where you can sell your products, enhance your business and increase your sales. This is how your brand will become a known one and ultimately, people will come to your Shopify store. All that you need to do is to connect your online store (with different platform like Shopify, Magento, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, Prestashop, Opencart, etc.) to the marketplace of your choice, with the help of the integration extensions/ solutions.

4.) Social Media :- You can promote your website on different social media like instagram, twitter, facebook, pinterest, linkedin etc. Social media will help you in promoting your store. As we know that more than one billion people are active on social media, it means your products have a chance of getting live in front of billion people.

13. James Burns

James Burns
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is the right time to start online business. You will get a great achievement in future if you follow these things.

1. Advertise on Facebook and Google ads will help you to grow your e commerce business.
    2. Affiliate Marketing is one of the best option to grow your eCommerce business.
    3. Influence marketing on Instagram will be grow your business fastly.
    4. Don't forget e-mail marketing.
    5. SEO is the long term techniques. Keep work on the daily basis of your website and APP.

I hope you will be doing well after using these techniques.