Best task for increasing traffic?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Danielsmith12, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Danielsmith12

Danielsmith12
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Which is the best task for increase my website traffic?I am currently working with Forum,Social bookmarking,Profile creation,Blog commenting,News promotion.

• Like Like x 1
  2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

None of the above.

Do you want more traffic or do you want more conversions? If it's the former you can pay people to visit your site. I saw a promotion yesterday for $10/1000 visitors. If you want more conversions you need to target your marketing to those places where potential customers hang out. This may include Google searches.

What is the website?

PS: A little confused about your profile, are you in NY or in India? And why Justin and not you?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fisicx is right, all of the above are a waste of time. It depends on not only what you want the traffic for, but what they find when they get there. Is your website a blog? an ecommerce site? A news site? A service provider? You can buy ads on a social networking site, in addition to using PPC, or sponsored ads, on each of the major search engines. You can design the ad based on the desired outcome, and target it to the people you want to reach based on various demographics. You can also work on getting your website ranked in the search engines for the appropriate keywords, but don't use any of the techniques you are now using to get links. There is no one best task, but there are various techniques you can use.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Eleena

Eleena
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are lots of things that can be done to increase the traffic. But to me social media marketing and content marketing can help a lot on this.

5. geeksonrepair

geeksonrepair
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media is the best platform for get daily visitors and traffic.you have to be active with famous social profiles like facebook,twitter,linkedin etc.

6. mallesh

mallesh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The Best way to drive the traffic to the website is by Social Networking Sites lile
    1. Facebook.
    2. Twitter.
    3. Instagram.
    4. LinkedIn.
    5. Google+.

7. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Nope, nope and nope. You might get some traffic with a highly targeted campaign but in general SM sites will get you very little useful traffic.

8. Natasha_Williams

Natasha_Williams
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If the solutions that you have listed do not bring the desired effect you can try paid advertisements: Facebook campaign or Google Ads. It is recommended to combine free and paid methods. If you are interested in the details I can recommend you an article called "Free methods of website prootion". It is published on Browuse blog. I cannot add links to my posts yet, so you can google Browuse and find it on your own.

9. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Reddit is pretty useful especially if you have a news website or you are working on an interesting niche. Other social sites like facebook and twitter are also useful.

10. Himanshu Kashyap

Himanshu Kashyap
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can opt for SMO(social media optimization) that is driving traffic to your website through social media websites. For example creating a page on Facebook and Twitter about your website, if you have products then posting a video on Youtube discussing how to use, what are its benefits and so on, or if you have a blogging website then you go for Pinterest and Quora.

11. Rob Schneider

Rob Schneider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First of all you need to make your website, webpage or blog what ever you are working on acceptable for the users. It doesn't matter how much links you post on social media or how many ads you post and how much marketing you are going to do ( even if you can do 1000 posts in one day on a single sm account), as long as the product that you are providing to the customer is not properly presented it's not going to help you in any way.
    My recommendation is that learn about On-page SEO or consult one.

12. BODHost

BODHost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Out of the methods that you have listed for promotion, only a handful of them work to date. I see you have mentioned profile backlinks which isn't a good practice and there are chances you might get penalized for it. See if you can create infographics and use outreach techniques to grab influencers attention.

13. Elegant_Designs

Elegant_Designs
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are selling B2B products, best to look for influencers related to your industry; influencers can be bloggers, instagram, pinterest or even YouTubers and many more
    Of course, whatever you are doing now, you should track if there's any visitors coming from them; if yes good, keep doing it, if not, why and refine it. Do not waste too much time on channels which do not help at all.

14. Smith-K

Smith-K
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As far as I know if you got some money to spend then paid traffic is one of the fastest ways to get traffic. If not then I see SEO as a way to get traffic, but it's all a patience game.

15. stephen jones

stephen jones
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Below are few things that can help you with generating more traffic:

1) Partnering with others who have a similar audience
    2) Running some low-cost ads on Facebook (Research about your target audience first)
    3) Creating great content targeting the keywords that are driving most traffic for your competition (You can find them with SEMRush).
    4) Studying our clients Tweets and seeing who they mention, what hashtags they use and then jumping in on those discussions.

We found some great patterns by looking at my first 100 customers and putting them in a private Twitter list. That helped us with better messaging and targeting by watching them.

Not all the traffic is same, but targeted will be very much rewarding.

• Like Like x 1
    #15 stephen jones, Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2017
  16. Seren Mckay

Seren Mckay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,
    Hope you are doing well.
    After perform all the important factors of on-site SEO, hard work on Off-page.
    Let me tell you few of things for generate lots of traffic.
    One of the strongest way is Social Media: If you have already business accounts on social platform than start promotions, add maximum users, follow them, like their post, comments on their post, Join groups, if possible make a group, Invite users for subscribe of like your page or channel. Post Images, videos, some wishes on daily basis, post information and tips.
    Write attractive and Unique articles and blogs, share them on different platforms, engage users from their.
    Business Listing is one of the way to drive traffic.
    Website, company or product reviews update on reviewing website like mouthshut and tripadvisor.
    I am sure after that many people will follow you.

17. Emma Mckay

Emma Mckay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    You need to perform both tasks, On-page and Off-Page.
    Google is more focusing on User Experience if your website is not full fill search engine criteria than you will lose the best place on SERP's.
    First thing is, Improve your Onsite. After that focusing on Quality Link Building through, Article Submission, Blog Submission, Forum posting, Question and Answers, Reviews, Commenting, Social Media posting, business listing.
    Hope it will help you
    Thank you

18. Intuz

Intuz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That’s good you are looking for organic ways to increase website traffics. The main source of traffic is your website content and content promotion to other channels. Improve and update that content that can give you high traffic. Identify under-performing content from blog or service pages. Republish content with helpful information and visuals. Take help of social media networks and highly authoritative social bookmarking platforms to promote your content.

19. Mia Edwards

Mia Edwards
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are a newbie then Google AdWords may help you to get relevant traffic to your website. All you just to set proper AdWords campaign for your website. Even Social media marketing will help you to boost traffic to your website, but usually the traffic comes from social media gives the high bounce rate.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ethan Wright

Ethan Wright
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Local citations or business listings if you just starting then you may want to increase your engagement in Social Media like the major ones: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Google+