B2B sales techniques

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by beecontentmarketing, Dec 19, 2017.

1. beecontentmarketing

beecontentmarketing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm looking for some ideas on B2B sales. I know quite a bit around content marketing and social media, digital, etc.. but my weaknesses are around doing the 'hard sale'. Are there some techniques you can use to secure sales with other businesses without giving a hard sale?

2. ruksar sheikh

ruksar sheikh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi
    1. If you are talking about B2B sales, then you have to start with building a presence in the industry. The more you are known for your niche and in your industry, the easier it will get to make your sales pitch.
    2. In a B2B industry, reputation goes a long way. Make sure you give your best every time and maintain ethics with every transaction.
    3. moving on to hard sale, the hard sales need not to be cold calling and pitching to strangers. Rather than this it could also be capitalising on your network and then working your way up.

3. Olivia Caitlin

Olivia Caitlin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well i am in B2B marketing and we are using every media for promoting our business. We get enough leads form the social media and we are also promoting our business by promoting it in sponsored events, Trade show and seminars. we are distributing freebies to the Clients and customers and it help us lot in creating a good image in customers mind. I think you should also use promotional items for your business

4. Elegant_Designs

Elegant_Designs
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If is possible, you can give out samples of your products or a gift to break the ice. Usually people will feel like giving back when they received something from another. It makes them more than willing to listen to you at least for a minute.

5. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

What if you sell hand made furniture? Or are a software developer? Or a builder? Not sure you will stay in business long if you keep giving away free stuff.

6. Elegant_Designs

Elegant_Designs
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just some ideas, if you are selling hand made furniture, maybe you can include a discount coupon on your namecard so when customers buy from you either offline/online, they can use the code on the namecard. Can be 5% to any percent you find it comfortable and profitable.
    If is Software, offer them a free trial.
    Giving away samples is like a form of marketing and most definitely will incur cost, but at least your targeted customers are trying it out. And if they like it, selling them will be a lot easier. I understand not all businesses are applicable to this freebie thing.