Advice On opening a website..

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by scifi, Dec 9, 2008.

1. silent_thunder

silent_thunder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Swastik, what should be the terms of contract for website can you please explainon that front I am inexperience when it comes to working with partners. I am interested in learning

2. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well I'm not sure if anyone has used these tutorials before Fergal but I certainly have. These and a couple of other websites helped me understand about websites and domains.

Btw, good luck in finding a partner Scifi.

3. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi! Fergal
    Well I want a partner who has some advanced level of skills in a JAVA, HTML, & other languages.. who might have also some knowledge of other stuff related to websites like maintenance etc.
    Regarding finding a partner, I am giving this offer to my many of close friends who want to pursue this as an side business or something like that...

4. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are absolutely correct Swastik that we must sign some sort of contract or agreement to avoid being ripped off...
    Can you send me some example documents of the terms of that sort of contract..
    One more thing is that, don't you think that it will be costly thing at the beginning itself???

Thanks A LOT Nazreen for your wishes!!!
    I think I definitely need them:)...

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Scifi if you don't find a partner from amongst your friends and acquaintances you might consider having a look at some of the Webmaster and Trading Forums and Freelance Sites listed in our Useful Online Business Resources.

Good luck with everything and please keep us updated as to how it works out for you.

6. Swastik

Swastik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It doesn't need to be something which involves big money. Just a contract with both parties signing on what their roles are in the venture, what their profits are should be good. Sorry, but I'm not knowledgeable in this part, so I won't be able to help much. :(

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Scifi, if your project does not involve a huge investment a legal contract is probably not required. What is most important is that you document everything that you require and you get the supplier to acknowledge that s/he understands what is required and will deliver it at a certain price, by a certain date. All this can be done through email or at least confirmed by email, so that you will have a record of what was actually agreed.

8. Swastik

Swastik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, keep screenshots and proof of important talks going between. That's what I missed :eek:, and lost a lot.:rolleyes:

9. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you all here !!
    Thanks Fergal & Swastik a lot for making me aware of how to avoid being getting ripped off...!!
    I will definitely try to keep updated everybody here of my progress from website development to its final uploading on the net..

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Scifi, also try to avoid paying up front. If possible don't pay until the work is delivered to you and you have had a chance to inspect it. Most designers wont accept this, but perhaps they will accept half payment upfront and the second half when they have completed the task.

11. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah Fergal !!
    I will definitely keep this in mind !!!

12. tmijs789

tmijs789
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just wanted to comment that for not having a website yourself, you posted all the valuable like I would have offered. Right ON!
    Cheers.
    Tim ... providing business solutions ..... online fax

13. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum, Tim. Thanks for joining. Looking forward to seeing more of your posts.

14. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome to the BAF Tim. Hope to see more of you in the forum.

Well, I did want to make a website for myself before so I read about HTML, XHTML, CSS and so forth. I've also read about information on domains and web hosting and stuff. :)

Please feel free to ask questions, comment on topics that you might find interesting or just share your experiences and chat in the forum.