5 Ways to Promote your Business for Free

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by stepheny, Feb 18, 2010.

1. jeffhoward000

jeffhoward000
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi bistones,

great list of classified ads site,thanks for sharing

2. jeffhoward000

jeffhoward000
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hey ryan

whats your acount in linkin can you add me

3. Cassandra

Cassandra
    uix_expand uix_collapse

good idea!i have a try!

4. Gomage

Gomage
    uix_expand uix_collapse

classified ads

I would add that there are also free classified ad forums where you can place you porduct or service. These free forums allows to add link in signature and link directing your potencial client to the product/service page. I use it by myself. I have a few forum links but for now I can not give them here. ad forums are very useful because you promote both your site and product. Try in google free classified ad forum.

5. haramarcuse

haramarcuse
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for sharing such valuable tips. These two tips may have been used in promoting a business for quite sometime but still proven effective in modern the world of business.

6. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Grow organically it will take some time but you will get succeeded for sure unless if you try to take some shortcut you are going to risk everything

7. Transcribe

Transcribe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice posts. Along with these SEO techniques, SMM (social media marketing) is also helpful. Try that out!

8. moober76

moober76
    uix_expand uix_collapse

velsh mentioned a lot of ways to promote a business for free or inexpensively. i think you can also include sponsorships on clothing or something like that. a little website link at the back of the shirt or at the sleeves or at the left side front of shirt. well, this should be done in fashion as to not make the shirt or something look like an advertisement billboard. or you can also make stickers!

9. syed2011

syed2011
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am getting slow change in my site ranking. Thanks but you didn't explain about "Answers" sites importance to link building please light on it.

10. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To be honest, "Answers" sites doesn't really help that much in link building, unless a few traffic every now and then, since these links are NOFOLLOW.
    Other than that, I consider it as SPAMMING and OVERUSING the system made to help other people in need and to those who wants their questions answered.

11. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

And if you are a consultant/freelancer you can use the latest LinkedIn Resume Building Service.

12. freelancemom

freelancemom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Another free promotion idea is to research blogs and websites in your niche. Contact the owners with an example of your writing style and offer to write a guest post or article with completely unique content for their site. If you're a good writer, you'll likely get a positive response because website owners are always happy to get unique content.

How this helps you:
    1. You can have a backlink in your bio on the article.
    2. The website where it's posted will already have a following. You gain their attention with the added benefit of an endorsement from a website they already trust and frequent.
    3. It helps to establish you as a thought leader in your field.

13. fami

fami
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not every business used classifieds, it depends on type of business. But article submission, blog commenting and related forum posting are easy ways to promote your business for free.

14. ramiszaro

ramiszaro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It shows the credibility of business because when we have business in hand we should how to tackle all the obstacles in order to find the best path to come up in up grade thanks for the post.

15. reinafery

reinafery
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Promote in Classifieds site , Blog ,Forum and promote in social media websites.

16. kristenhanna

kristenhanna
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

Great tips. But you have missed Social Media Marketing. This really helps to promote your business for free. You can start a business page in social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, G+ and many more and improve number of visitors and sales in your business. By sharing post, images, videos, links and many more you can make your customers follow your website frequently.

17. Beth

Beth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for sharing the information with us and being so ellaborative. This information will be really be very helpful for the people who are into such business.

18. Pet09

Pet09
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for sharing the useful tips. But I would like to ad social media to the top of the list.

It is absolutely free but effective and make your customers engaged with your brand.

19. semaphore.v

semaphore.v
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think social media sites and blogs are the best way to promote your Business.

20. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Why? What are the advantages, or disadvantages, of each method? What makes these two better than other methods? Your posts would be more helpful if you could expand upon your thoughts and opinions.