20 Advanced GOOGLE Search Techniques ...

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by biijuu, Dec 30, 2009.

1. otcho

otcho
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for sharing I really appreciate you information about good search.

2. mickeyy

mickeyy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Excellent thread for those people who were not using these features of google, for analysis of the competitors websites the knowledge on these tricks is quite essential. I'm already using some of these features.

3. BusinessOperator

BusinessOperator
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is great tips especially for who like searching fast and easy to find what we want search...

4. mv5869

mv5869
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can use Google as a currency converter.

Eg type
    "GBP in USD" or "EUR in COP" and it will give you the conversion rate directly.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Good tip mv5869. I regularly use xe.com, using Google in that way would be much easier.

I just did a quick check, Google tells me that €10 is worth $14.11400, xe tells me that €10 is worth $14.0583, close enough and it is much quicker to do the conversion in Google. From now on I'll do my currency conversion calculations through Google.

6. ethan1066

ethan1066
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thanks bijju you have really posted here a very quality and helpful tips ...i was able to search for the ppt files for the presentation and thats all because of you ...all the techniques here worked .. i hope i will get some more tips for the advanced search ..here n this thread...

7. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice sharing!

I believe many people will tend to use simple wording than the technique. It's pretty much best to use technique where results are more over accurate and correct.

8. myte

myte
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ok, I'll try to click on there

9. valanvas78

valanvas78
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Search engines look for pieces of text that match your query. Web pages are more likely to contain answers than questions - so search for the answer. Phrase your query how you would expect the answer to read - the difference appears slight, but it makes a huge difference. Any way your tips are always talked by members.

10. jenitt.jenit

jenitt.jenit
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Google, although a favorite search engine, has not been exploited by the useful features that it provides.

Thanks for sharing the collection of information. Here some more .

i) "filetype" :: This operator instructs Google to search only within the text of a particular type of file. The file type to search must be supplied after the colon.

e.g. filetype:txt eggheadcafetips..would refine your search on "eggheadcafetips" to only text files

ii) "link" :: This operator instructs Google to search within hyperlinks for a search term.

iii) "intitle" :: This operator instructs Google to search for a term within the title of a

document.

e.g. intitle:tip submission form

iv) "inurl" :: This operator instructs Google to search only within the URL of a document. The search term must follow the colon.

e.g.inurl:srinathms

v) "stocks" :: This operator instructs Google to show the Stock information of the specified stock as the first result.

e.g. stocks:msft

11. chinaoilpainting

chinaoilpainting
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you, biijuu.
    I will have a try.